Day 31 and Beyond: Hello, I'm a non-drinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Liv, I agree this little thread is really growing! Yeah! So many people wanting to be amongst other non-drinkers!! Yes! WW needs to come back so we can PARTY!!! The pool is open and it is warm!! Just don't have a party this Sunday, as I have to work a special event!

Thankful....wow...that horoscope has some powerful messages we can all think about today!

Teardrop.....I am doing great.....made it through a couple of strange days.....but still a non-drinker and stronger for it! TY for thinking of me!

We have often talked about what it takes to live as non-drinkers, not only means not drinking, but changing the unhealthy habits and patterns of the past. Well, I have been working on setting healthy bounderies.......wouldn't you just know it, just after setting up my plan and working through some things.....BAM! yesterday, the universe hit me with two tests!!! One was on a personal level, a person that is an unhealthy aquaintance.......the other, a business venture that showed itself to be way less than on the level................so, upon realizing what was going on.......difficult as it was, I cut myself loose from both!! Neither was easy to do......but, I handled each issue honestly and in a straight foward but unemotional manner.......(with a little help from my friends!!! XXX). So, instead of wanting a bottle of wine to "Cope"......a bath and sleepy time tea sent me off to blissful sleep at 10PM!!!

Love You Guys!
    XXX Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Kate, so proud of you. Great job. Sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I had a tough one too, but I also had a *special friend(xoxox)* to cheer me up because quite frankly, lying mean people suck! :H

You handled your day like a trooper. Alls well that ends well!

Love, Me
      :l:h:l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

You are so right, Thankful....Toxic people suck big time! Thank you for all your support!!

This thread, (Thankyou for starting it WW!!) has been my life line on here. I figured out why......we all want to live sober, happy lives and we give as well as we get here! We share the real "Guts" of the matter of sober living. We share both our triumphs and are slip ups, but we are completely here for each other, no matter what. Why? Because this group and all that arrive here are serious about what it takes to change our lives!!!!

At a little over five months of non-drinking, it seems that the nitty gritty of making this work for life is really hitting! Don't get me wrong......I am enjoying the journey. I am honestly learning so much about why I drank.......plain and simple, I would allow certain people in my life, that served as triggers.....people can be major triggers! The other thing was, not living each day clear headed and head on!

Sooooo, with that in mind......I declare today "Take Charge of Your Life Day".......!!!!

Carpe Diem All You Wonderful Non-Drinkers!!!!
        XXXXX Kate

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Well said Kate, and Thankful - I couldn't agree more. Seeing other people who are willing to take an HONEST look at themselves and change what needs changing is what keeps moving me forward to work this AF life from every angle. It's NOT JUST about not drinking. It's about living life differently - in ways that we can manage the stresses with out a drug. That is the job of each day. Some days I'm moving along and then WHAM - I melt down and anger comes rushing out of me. That is not bad in it's self - but what I DO with it that makes the difference.

So Hats off to you - Keep on moving in and unpacking the boxes of this new non drinking life! Someday we will be "all moved in".... :l

Liv
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Okay guys, I'm finally going to join this thread.

I've been a non-drinker for more than 4 months but I am only now just beginning to thrive. On some level I think thriving must scare/bother/worry me or I wouldn't be having drinking thoughts as I occasionally do. I don't act upon them but they do strike from seemingly nowhere. I never thought it mattered why I drank. I thought that if I changed the behavior all would be well. Must have been wrong about that. What can I say? a work in progress.

Beck
            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Awesome Beck! Exactly what I was just stating above!! Way to go - we have to take a look at more than just the drinking, as the drinking was a symptom to cover something else up. Its that something else that we need to deal with!! The booze did it's job covering up - but then we realized that the booze was going to kill us faster than the something else!! So we are all on a journey to deal with that something else!!

I find this tread to be my lifeline. I hope you stay here with us and let us learn from you!!
              Congrats on the 4 months. We are all traveling this road together.

Liv
              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

thriving scares you? hmmmmm. sounds very familiar. fear of success is also another term we see. is it perhaps as tolle describes the pain body "an addiction to unhappiness"? at any rate is is a real obstacle for so many of us here, and one that most certainly we CAN identify, illuminate and then excise from our lives. Perhaps this is tied to the lack of self esteem and confidence that so many of us also lament? I think so.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all
                  l done it 90 days af now am going for 120 wish me luck
                  there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Hi everyone,

Since i've stop drinking i realize i have notice my feelings and my emotions, only just now. Its not just the crying its where it starts from the pain. well for me it starts from my stomach and works it way up to my chest as soon as it reaches up to the chest thats when i get tearful and the urge for a drink gets stronger. It makes me feel scare like as if your going for a interview for a job. I have not realize this feeling when i was drinking AL. the only way i deal with this is i go upstairs in my bedroom and lay down and relax where it quite. AL covers up a lot of thinks that we dont realize that are in the back of our subconscious mind. Looks like my therapist must be doing something right.
                    Kaddy...Well done 90days af wishing you luck, but you dont need it know you can do this.

Have a good day everyone.

P.s got to go kids are stressing me out now ! lol

love
                    Teardrop.x
                    family is everything to me

Comment

Well I think 06/06 or thereabouts makes 6 months for a few of us here. Talk about living the dream. Thats nuts! Congrats y'all! :goodjob:

Comment

Hey Believe! Good to see you popping in! 6 Months, Wow!! Of course, for me, once again I have to go back and count!! LOL!! Weird, but not counting everyday has really been helpful to me.......yet, at the same time, I love to know what month I am in????!!! Crazy, Huh?

To our 6 Monther's Way To Go Gang!! You Rock!!! You are all such an inspiration to me! So Happy that you are all living such Healthy Lives!!

Love, Kate XXX

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Mornin' Sunshines!!!

Yes, I had to check in here today because 6/6 is also when I made the FIRM decision to change my life. What an amazing day it was for me. I remember is very well, actually I remember the night before and keep that night very clear in my mind. I still consider my sobriety date 6/6 as it truly was THE turning point in my new life. I have 134 sober days out of 152 since 6/6 - now that is amazing to me. I do wish I could say 152/152, but life wanted me to see more, I guess. I wanted to go back and count. I am not pleased with my slips, but I am grateful that I continue on this AF path and am a COMPLETELY different person than I was last year. I am firmly committed to my new life and at peace with the new me (actually the REAL me).

I want to thank all of you, my very, very special friends on this thread. For without you I am not sure I would be where I am today.

Congrats to all my 6/6 and the week to follow as I know there are also many that are close to this date. You are all amazing and I love you all very much.

Namaste,

MM
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Congrats to all you 6 month AF folks!!! You guys are amazing the amount of support you show each other and the newbies. Can't wait to get to that point myself...

Det, fear of thriving...hmm... for me more like fear of making all the changes that are necessary to keep moving happily along this path. But I will make those changes. And I will stay on this path.

All the best,
                            Beck
                            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hiya everyone

Congratulations To all that are 6months or will be soon! :goodjob: well done.

Great thread with Great support.x

:wave:

Love
                              Teardrop.x
                              55days af.

p.s have a great weekend everyone.
                              family is everything to me

Comment

hi all
                                well done for all doing 6 mounth
                                there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Working...
                                X