Clear All

Leading cause of deaths in Australia

Leading cause of deaths in Australia:
    1) Tobacco- 19,019
    2) Alcohol- 2,831
    3) Motor vehicle accidents-1, 731
    4) Illegal drugs- 863
    5) Murders-203
    Now, how do I know these statistics you may ask?
    It says so on my ciggie pack. Sigh??????????..
    So for our American friends, please come to Aus if you don?t smoke you may live a long and healthy life and not much chance of being murdered either.
    :H

wow. so, how many people live in Australia? (for percentages comparisons)
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Victory I can feel you choking me from your post never mind going to visit you in Australia! Is there anywhere on the pack that says watch out for crocs? :H

XXOO
      Luv Ya
      ~Ripple~
      :l

Comment

OK I posted here to say how great the snow is...blah...blah....Well I am sick of it now...the banks on the driveway are to my shoulders, my windshield wiper broke and I had to drive blind and then I couldn't get the frozen #%&^*&%^$ thing off to replace it.

My dog's feet are covered in clingy snow and I have to tie him up in the kitchen until he melts. uch:

The high wing is rattling my windows and waking me in the night...I could go on....

Today I hate the snow and want sunny skies and warm air.

OK you are right and I was wrong ...snow sucks

Comment

posted my snow comments, see previous post, in the wrong thread sorry...and no I havent been drinking :blush:

Comment

beatle;269712 wrote: wow. so, how many people live in Australia? (for percentages comparisons)
            That's what I am wondering, too, Beatle...

Comment

I thought Tawny said on chat the other night that it's only 20 million. maybe i'm wrong. I will google away!!
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

yes, 21 million for Australia, 60 million U.K., 300 million in the U.S.
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

ironically there are more deaths in the US caused by prescription drug errors that all illegal drugs combined. yikes.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

These stats are incredible - it just goes to show where the Govt's priorities are however.

We have HUGE advertising campaigns about motor accidents and drug use, but NOTHING on the dangers of drinking, apart from the "drink in moderation" line. You have to ask who's paying thier wages..................
                    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                    X