Sunday morning and feeling good....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG - I can't believe it is Sunday morning and I feel good - I mean not hungover from a Saturday or Friday bender (yes, I can binge so much that I am hungover for two days). Yesterday was so difficult for me but I came to this forum and read everyone's stories, posted, chatted a bit and laughed at everyone's smart humor - got me through the "witching hours"....

Thank you everyone - that was my first weekend AF

Shik - I hope you did okay, sounds like you like to go out, that must be REALLY hard. Me, I am a home drinker - I gave up going out a long time ago, too embarrassing....So, I guess it's harder for me because I don't have that "safe" place when I am at home.

Well, I guess I just have to get through today without that Sunday afternoon toddie!!

:thanks:

hi there.. good for you keep it up .its only gets easier .great job and keep on posting
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Wonderful, Wonderful Skygal

I does feel so wonderful on those Sunday mornings to get up with your head not hurting and not wondering what the hell is going on. And not so tired you can't move.

Today will be a wonderful day. Feel how great you feel this morning and let it go all day. You won't need that toddie this afternoon. Stay high on sobriety. And call us on the boards if you need a little kick in the butt. We're always here.

I'm so happy for you.
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Glad to hear you're feeling better... we both made it through a hellish day yesterday, eh?

Comment

Yes, Shik yesterday was the major debate: should I drink, I can have just one drink, right??? Ughh - I HATE that, don't you? Well, we made it...I"m traveling this week, that always makes it a lot easier because I don't crave the AL too much when traveling for work.

Thank you, Mags - I might need you guys around 5pm, after I do my open house....my guy and I are splitting up and selling the house, pretty difficult situation so I get sad every time I have to show other people my home...

thanks!

Comment

Man, if that's not a losing game I don't know what is! "I can have ONE drink and STOP!" Ha! Right!

Sowwy about you and the hubby... a break-up doesn't help the situation at all.

Comment

I'm a home drinker too. Husband and I decided if I do make it through this Lent period (this is a "test") if I ever want a drink it has to be WITH HIM outside the house. We'll see. So far, so good.

Yeah, first Sunday in awhile I have either woken up without guilt or...
              ... planned to drive to Massachusetts where they sell liquor on Sundays.

:thumbs: So GOOD FOR YOU (us)! :goodjob:
              Laura-31
              Windsor, CT

Comment

Yeah Laura - Good Job!

I have actually gotten angry at my boyfriend for NOT being with me when I made a fool of myself at bars/clubs - like it is HIS fault!!

Comment

Working...
                X