Going off Topa....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going off Topa....

Thought I would post this for those on TOPA.

Well, I have been on Topamax for a few months. In fact, this is the second time I have been on it. The first time I was trying to Moderate.. no luck. I quit taking it and moderating last year for a few months and was back to my regular drinking pattern.

Two months ago I started taking it again, but know my goal was ABS. I had a lot of emotional situation over the holidays, but decided to finally quit Jan 5th. I am only taking 50mgs in the evening, and haven't had any cravings. I really think this has to do with my mental focus to be a non-drinker. But, I am sure the TOPA helped in the begining.

Anyway, I have been sick for the past 4 days and haven't taken the TOPA. I have no physical or mental cravings. I'm feeling better, so this week will be telling.

I have 37 days AF, and I know it is early, but I really don't want to be on any medication. I will keep an eye on it and let you know how I am doing.... But, I think with all the other positive changes I can do without...

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Going off Topa....

I think you're doing great, MM....I'll bet you'll be fine without it...your head is in the right spot...

Don

Comment

Going off Topa....

Thanks, Don....
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Going off Topa....

I think you're doing great as well MM!
        I 100% agree with you about being in the right mindset. I was on topa for almost a year.

It helped, but my mind was not focused and I certainly could drink through it.

Now I am trying with supps and a good mindset.
        Good for you!

Comment

Going off Topa....

You are in such a good 'headspace' right now.... and you seem to be doing so wonderfully with your AF time.

I agree, the supplements and a good mindset works wonders!

Comment

Going off Topa....

let me know how it goes b/c once mine is out i think i won't take it anymore either. I just take 25mg in the morning and 25mg at night.

Comment

Going off Topa....

good for you mm the natural way
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Going off Topa....

keep me posted. I have been on topo for about 10 days now. doing ok - definatley helps, but I could do without hte tingling. hoping to be med free someday too.

congrats on your success so far.

PS: hope the ex hubby is miserable.

Comment

Going off Topa....

My Heart is with YOU
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                  X