I just can't do it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't do it!

Hi Bella. I don't think you're chickenshit for hesitating. The road we're on has lots of diffucult choices to make, and difficult steps to take. The fact that you might find some parts of this daunting just makes you human. Don't be so hard on yourself. And don't worry about what to say. Just something simple like "I'd like to talk to someone" should suffice to get the ball rolling. Best of luck to you!

Comment

I just can't do it!

Bella
      I think you started a thread about "highs". Well....when you go through with this ,you will feel a "high"....afterwards...there is nothing like talking to someone who understands.

I actually talked with a lady in the H2o class that I go to yesterday and she started sharing about how her hubby drinks(has liver failure) and she used to. Wow.....that one dropped right in my lap...what a "gift"...
      You just never know who will be put in your path to help you and you them.
      Give it a go.
      :goodjob: Love, Nancy "Belle"
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I just can't do it!

Bella, there is an organisation in the UK called APAS, I went to my local branch and saw a recovering alcoholic and he was amazing, the second time around I was 'assigned' my own counsellor who was very young and didn't understand so I never went back, but it is really worth giving it a go .....

When I get home next week I will pm you for your phone number and we can chat .........

Love ya, BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

I just can't do it!

Bella: Your Dad has reached out to you and gave you the name of a counselor. Give him/her a call. It's always tough sitting in front of a stranger and having to bare your soul. It seems embarrassing yet at the same time very painful. The first couple of sessions rot because you and the counselor are just getting to know each other. As time goes on, you will rid yourself of all the fears, anxiety, and sadness built up in you. Think of an onion. The more you see the counselor, the more a layer of the onion will be peeled away from you baring what's really inside of you and what's causing you to drink. Take the help that is offered to you. You can do this. You are given only one chance to live on this planet earth.... Make your life the best it can possibly be. -Reenie
          September 23, 2011

Comment

I just can't do it!

Berlla, I have been to a couple...if you don't like one...MOVE ON. YOU are most important here. I didn't like one, left, stayed drunk for a year.....don't do that! I should have just found another one.

Comment

I just can't do it!

Completly true LUV. Takes a little longer than trying on bathing suits but if it doesn't fit, you don't buy it.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I just can't do it!

Hi Bella,
                I just gone to a 1to1 session today... 1st time to. like you i was scared. i did found it exhausting and tearful. felt good when i got home. still early days.
                Just do it ..you will be fine!

Good luck
                Love
                Teardrop.x
                family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
                X