Damn...I am just retarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucy Van Pelt;272029 wrote: Well I am committed enough and scared enough that I did not drink today...

Thank you all
    You are kickin ass girl!!!!!!!
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

I had to post this.... OUR NEW EXCUSE!!! I was just on Yahoo, and there was an article stating that eating McDonalds or Burger King daily will negatively affect your liver.... so there, Lucy, you can always blame bad health on Mickey D's (food, not beer!)
      (I know, someone will rightfully call me a chicken and irresponsible for not telling the doctor... but it's fun to dream! )

Here's part of the article:
      Blood samples were taken before, during and after the experiment to monitor levels of an enzyme called alanine aminotransferase, or ALT, a potential marker for liver damage often seen among heavy drinkers and patients with hepatitis C.

Levels of ALT increased sharply after only one week, and quadrupled on average over the entire period, said lead researcher Frederik Nystrom, a doctor at the University Hospital of Linkoping.

"The results scared me," he told AFP. "One of the subjects had to be withdrawn from the study because he had 10 times the normal ALT levels."

For 11 of the 18 subjects, ALT rose to levels that would normally reflect liver damage, even among individuals who did not drink any alcohol, although no such damage occurred, he said.

Two of the individuals had liver steatosis, or fatty liver, in which fat cells build up dangerously in the liver, he said. Steatosis is associated with the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes, which has taken on epidemic proportions, especially in industrialised countries.

Published in the British Medical Association's journal Gut, the study "proves that high ALT levels can be caused by food alone," said Nystrom

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

I had to post this.... OUR NEW EXCUSE!!! I was just on Yahoo, and there was an article stating that eating McDonalds or Burger King daily will negatively affect your liver.... so there, Lucy, you can always blame bad health on Mickey D's (food, not beer!)
        (I know, someone will rightfully call me a chicken and irresponsible for not telling the doctor... but it's fun to dream! )

Blood samples were taken before, during and after the experiment to monitor levels of an enzyme called alanine aminotransferase, or ALT, a potential marker for liver damage often seen among heavy drinkers and patients with hepatitis C.

Levels of ALT increased sharply after only one week, and quadrupled on average over the entire period, said lead researcher Frederik Nystrom, a doctor at the University Hospital of Linkoping.

"The results scared me," he told AFP. "One of the subjects had to be withdrawn from the study because he had 10 times the normal ALT levels."

For 11 of the 18 subjects, ALT rose to levels that would normally reflect liver damage, even among individuals who did not drink any alcohol, although no such damage occurred, he said.

Two of the individuals had liver steatosis, or fatty liver, in which fat cells build up dangerously in the liver, he said. Steatosis is associated with the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes, which has taken on epidemic proportions, especially in industrialised countries.

Published in the British Medical Association's journal Gut, the study "proves that high ALT levels can be caused by food alone," said Nystrom

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

Not Happy Hour-Happy Life;272104 wrote: I had to post this.... OUR NEW EXCUSE!!! I was just on Yahoo, and there was an article stating that eating McDonalds or Burger King daily will negatively affect your liver.... so there, Lucy, you can always blame bad health on Mickey D's (food, not beer!)

That's right! Did you ever watch the movie "Fast Food Nation"? The guy ate McDonalds for a month, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and his liver was screwed.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Actually I could always blame mine on long term use of antidepressants but, everyone knows I have wee problem with Pinot Grigio.
            - George Jackson

Comment

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine;272056 wrote: Hey that reminds me my puppy bit my boob about a month ago and I got a bruise! It's her way of playing, LOL!
              MyHeart,

If my "puppy" bit my boob, I wouldn't have a boob. LOL

He is, however, looking at me from my couch where he is not allowed to sit, with those beautiful bright eyes and Cosmo, (kitty) is snuggled up to him. What do I do??

Going to roust them both and tell them, "no no" in no uncertain terms. LOL

Love,
              Cindi

BTW, no jokes on the bruising. daughter gets bruises everywhere. Umm, doc said, "PART OF THE LIVER DAMAGE FROM DRINKING..."

Just had to add that. Not a joke. :-(

Please be scared. She is no different from us.
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Lucy....Just wondering how you're doing this weekend.
                :l :h :l :h

Nancy
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Nancy-

Thanks for asking. I am really pleased to say I have been moderating successfully since wed. No more than glasses of wine a night. I also have stopped smoking. WOW. Don't know what happened...well I think I do. This is all such a mental thing....and I really just shifted my attitude...

How are you sweetie?
                  formerly known as bak310

Comment

Congrats on your successful mods and QUITTING THE SMOKING!!! Way to go!

Comment

I'm fine, thanks...

Comment

Chief....honey...I'm happy you are "fine".

Very good here thanks.
                        It continues to be a daily decision as hubby drinks every day and the wine flows freely on tap. I really have to draw on my inner strength when he drinks because he gets "short" and hateful and his speech is slurred. Not falling down drunk but asleep on the sofa and snoring loudly as soon a dinner is over.6-7 pm...My MAIN trigger it seems..
                        I just have to tap into my "tool box" and keep on keeping on.

"TOOL BOX"
                        Prayer closet (only room for two...HE and I...keeps me honest)
                        MWO
                        Exercise
                        Long baths with cd's
                        My desire to be healthy
                        Supps
                        walking and just "being still" outside
                        A few really good friends
                        Hobbies like reading and gardening , crocheting

And did I say talking to really nice people like you?

:h Nancy
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                        X