Guard dumps Quadriplegic purposely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just shocked. This quadriplegic man was brought into jail due to a traffic violation (don't know if he failed to show or what), whatever, anyway he was asked by a guard to STAND UP, three times to frisk him. He tells them...........he's a quadriplegic and can't. The guard then proceeds to dump him!!!!! Then frisks him. The other three guards don't do anything, and they then put him back in chair.

There was a camera there that caught the whole thing. So, the guy is rightfully, suing I believe.

HAS THE WORLD GONE NUTS? :egad:

I just saw that story, Hart. yeegads. well, now those idiots are being seen across the country.
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

hee, Hart, now it's gone international, just saw it on the BBC. those ignorant fools.
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

That would be my local PD, there is a LOT of police brutality here. I'm glad it was filmed because people don't get it till they see it with their own eyes. That officer should be the one in jail.
        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
        - George Jackson

Comment

Hart, that's the Sheriff's office here in Tampa.... it is a large Sheriff's force- covers most of Hillsborough County- there are 3,400 employees. The person on tape was making somewhere between $36,000 - $54,000- not chump change.

I couldn't believe the video, either. The man has retained a lawyer- good for him! The Sheriff has removed the deputy from duty without pay, along with three of her supervisors with pay.... if you see the video, a couple of them are laughing in the background. :durn:

BTW, his charge was for fleeing/eluding an officer which is considered a class 3 felony. There were no other charges, like driving under the influence, or reckless driving. When he was booked, they gave him a $2,000 fine.... he didn't have the money and stayed in jail 5 days until somebody could get the bond put together for him... the Sheriff's office stated that they currently have about 30 inmates in wheelchairs (out of about 4,000 inmates), and they are supposed to have procedures for disabled inmates.

Embarrassing to admit that this is my Sheriff's office at its finest! :egad:

Patty
          Tampa, FL

Comment

Yes Tampa, the same police department that threw a girl in jail when she told them she had been raped at Gasparilla last year, what is wrong with them? They said it was because she hadn't paid a fine, they later realized she had and let her go, WTF? And why do we have police car on every block?
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

I saw that too, and it sickened me. It makes me so angry, I lose my words.
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

That is just awful.
                where does this go?

Comment

I couldn't believe that! My God....

Comment

I hope he gets MILLIONS!

Comment

Not Happy Hour-Happy Life;271791 wrote: Hart, that's the Sheriff's office here in Tampa.... it is a large Sheriff's force- covers most of Hillsborough County- there are 3,400 employees. The person on tape was making somewhere between $36,000 - $54,000- not chump change.

I couldn't believe the video, either. The man has retained a lawyer- good for him! The Sheriff has removed the deputy from duty without pay, along with three of her supervisors with pay.... if you see the video, a couple of them are laughing in the background. :durn:

BTW, his charge was for fleeing/eluding an officer which is considered a class 3 felony. There were no other charges, like driving under the influence, or reckless driving. When he was booked, they gave him a $2,000 fine.... he didn't have the money and stayed in jail 5 days until somebody could get the bond put together for him... the Sheriff's office stated that they currently have about 30 inmates in wheelchairs (out of about 4,000 inmates), and they are supposed to have procedures for disabled inmates.

Embarrassing to admit that this is my Sheriff's office at its finest! :egad:
                      Just awful......

Comment

I wondered what the hell you were all talking about until I actually saw the clip on the WorldNews over here in the UK and i agree with all the comments made here. I do have my own comments but I fear some backlash so I'll keep them to myself. (that is not an invitation by the way!)

Love and Happiness
                        Hippie
                        xx
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Geez hippie, of course now I wonder what is in your mind...LOL

Comment

LUVUALL;272439 wrote: Geez hippie, of course now I wonder what is in your mind...LOL
                            Just wanted you all to know that I CAN think for myself and form an unbiased opinion!!!LOL well most of the time!!
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

LOL Hippie! Scarey thing isn't it? LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X