Give Me Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give Me Strength

Hello everyone, I thought I would share this message my husband forwarded to me today by email. It is from an online Daily Motivater. Here's the link: Motivation & Inspiration from The Daily Motivator?

I guess he sent it to me since I've can't seem to stay AF this month. I have only had 2 AF days this February, and I was doing so well last month.........it's seems to be this love/hate relationship I have with AL. As someone else mentioned, it's the romance with it. Oh and how we love romance.....Hope you enjoy it.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It takes strength

It takes strength to do what must be done when the work is unpleasant and uncomfortable.

It takes strength to persist in the face of obstacles, when it would be much easier to simply give up.

It takes strength to be polite to someone when that person has been rude to you.

It takes strength to be truthful when a lie would be more convenient.

It takes strength to build for the future. It takes strength to resist temptations and distractions.

It takes strength to do what is right. It takes strength to make an effort when it would be easier to make up an excuse.

It takes strength to do all these things. And all the while, these are the very things that build even more strength.

Be truthful, do what you know is right, put forth effort when it is called for, persist, and the more you do so, the more easily you'll be able to do so. Exercise your strength, and you'll surely grow stronger, more capable, and successful in each endeavor.

-- Ralph Marston
    Miss October :blinkylove:

Give Me Strength

Beautiful! Thank you...and thank you r husband for me!
    Be strong!
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Give Me Strength

I love it! I have printed out and put it on my fridge.
      Thanks
      Have a great day!
      I am the author of my life.

Comment

Give Me Strength

Miss October and BHOG,

One of my mantras is

"Failure is NOT an option."

Sometimes it is hard to live up to but most of the time it works.

Whenever you want a drink or two or three or 10, just remember, 'FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION' and know you cannot do it.

We are what we are, however, we can take this damn bull by the horns and drag him down. We truly can... because... failure is not an option.

What is the other option?

Not a good one.

Let's take this bull by the horns and drag his butt down!!!

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Give Me Strength

That is just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Give Me Strength

hi there..miss october..thank you.. so true and i check out the site. thankx again
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
            X