Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out with the Old, In with the New, (and some Keepers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so I've been on the program for a little over a month now. Up to 150mgs of Topa and have been pretty much sober most of the month, except for a couple of slips - although those were mainly during the first two weeks as I was adjusting. As of now, I can order a glass of wine with dinner and not even finish it, without even thinking about it.

Sooooo now that I have sobering thoughts (who would've thunk it?), I"ve been thinking about some of the baggage I've been carrying around (seems alcohol has numbed me from the "ball and chain" effects of this stuff"). So, here is my list of things that are out, things that are new, and things that I will keep...:

OUT:
    1. Non-supportive boyfriend - too long of a discussion for this thread
    2. Excessive body fat
    3. Binging and hangovers
    4. Guilt
    5. Excuses and Procrastination
    6. Excessive debt (seems the guilt has led me to spend more than I normally would...)
    7. Living my life to please others

IN
    1. New town, less expensive - without those AL triggers that seem to be everywhere
    2. Outdoor sports again - travel!
    3. AF circle of friends - don't know how to do this yet
    4. Start my Masters Degree Program (OMG - time to STUDY - WOW!)
    5. Taking responsibility for my actions
    6. Counseling - can't do this alone...

KEEPERS:
    1. My 2 Dogs:h
    2. Family, boozers - but, I can't choose my family, will have to set boundaries with them
    3. 3 Friends - again, boozers, but they all live far away so phone conversations are OK
    4. Job - if they will have me....

Now - this will not happen all at once, but these are my long term goals - kind of came to me last night and I had to write them down. Thanks for listening. Love you guys.:l Peace.

Congratulations. I'm going to keep in mind those valuable "outs" while I start AF today, I'm not going to count the days I'm taking it a moment at a time!

I really think we should start that bad-boyfriend thread, I have a lot to vent......

Comment

:thumbs: :thumbs: Beautiful, Skygal!!!!! I need my own list ... :h
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Skygal, what a wonderful Idea! I love it! I think I will start working on one soon. I need to get some positive emotions going on inside BHOG, right now he is not happy with himself. And no, ALice has not come over to visit..just unhappy.
        BHOG
        War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

ThuzzyQ;272231 wrote: Congratulations. I'm going to keep in mind those valuable "outs" while I start AF today, I'm not going to count the days I'm taking it a moment at a time!

I really think we should start that bad-boyfriend thread, I have a lot to vent......
          Welcome, Thuzzy - you should start the BF thread, I am sure there would be plenty of us who would have plenty to add to that!!!

Congrats on joining this group, the people here are incredible! Have you read the downloaded and read the book yet?

Comment

I love it! I don't even know you, but I love the new YOU!

Comment

sounds like a wonderful list and I need to get myself busy making one as well, maybe if I see it all out in writing like that it might make me actually do some of them? Hmmm that's a thought - thanks for sharing

Pbear
              when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

Chin up, BHOG - ALice has not come to visit, that is a BIG positive....we are here for you.:l

Comment

Working...
                X