Not a good day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good day

For some reason I cannot explain, I am NOT having a good day today. And no, ALice did not visit, I haven't seen that B***h in a long time. But I am feeling very down, depressed, discouraged right now. Not even sure why I am putting this out here.
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Not a good day

BHOG,

Me, too. Big time.

I hope you have a better night tonight, because my day is sucking big time...

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Not a good day

Cindi, that may even be part of it. Tonight. I want it to be right for the wife, she has put up with so much of my BS that I am amazed she is still here. And we want a nice quiet dinner at home, and I want it to be right. Even with the kitchen remodel. I know what I want to do, but I seem to be having a hard time getting "up" enough to do it. Plus the AL thing. I know she would like to have a drink, and normally it would not bother me, but right now it might be a mental problem.
      And to top it all off, I am still not back 100% since surgery..so the romance might not end up as well and exciting as she deserves and I want her to have.
      BHOG

Comment

Not a good day

Baldy - hang in there. Do something you love. Something that makes you feel in the moment, like take a walk, watch your favorite movie, go for a drive and stop at the scenic look out, kiss your wife. Eat your favorite food, yell at the cabinet guys, buy a jigsaw puzzle, play some of the subs arcade games. You can get thru this.

Dx
        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Not a good day

BHOG,

I hope you feel better soon. :l

Myheart
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Not a good day

BHOG-

Hey, it WILL be right...it isn't about all the plans... Your wife will be so thrilled just to have Valentine's day with you being AF!!!!

Doesn't matter if re-modeling gets in the way or not! I promise you...AND, little secret here...Many women would rather cuddle than have hot sex. ..so the back should not be a problem.

Just plan on enjoying eachother...now THAT is romantic.

Feel better

Beth
            formerly known as bak310

Comment

Not a good day

Hi BHOG: my day is sucking too
              Lucy is right. Listen to Ms. Van Pelt's advice!!
              Hope you are feeling better soon :h :h
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Not a good day

Sounds corny but buy your wife flowers or chocolates And make her feel special. She deserves it and you will feel so good for spoiling her.

Comment

Not a good day

There's always jewelry...?

Just tell her how much you love her, and thank her for being there. Really, at the end of the day, that's all us gals want. Like the song says, "Try a Little Tenderness"!!! And who knows...you may find yourself miraculously "recovered" by the end of the meal...!
                  Jane Jane

Comment

Not a good day

Me too! What is it? It's not a V day thing. I just can't get up and running. Well getting on my feet would be a start.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Not a good day

Thank you all for the suggestions and advice. It is not just the V-day thing. It is a pretty bad case of not being happy, not feeling good about myself and how things are going. Wanting to feel better about, amoung other things, being AF. I should feel better, shouldn't I? isn't that what part of this is about?
                      BHOG

Comment

Not a good day

When you 1st go AF you feel great. You have more energy and are more clear. Then, the feelings/emotions/issues that were once silenced by AL suddenly start to bubble up to the surface. Maybe that is part of what you are experiencing?
                        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Not a good day

Preciouspinot may have a point. Alot of people here on the boards have quoted Meditation Mama when she said, we are so used to drowning out our feelings, when we start actually feeling them again, we have to go through with feeling our feelings, without AL. Something like that.

I also second what Lucy said, a cuddle and a snuggle can be better than hot sex. :ey: sometimes!
                          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Not a good day

I am only mods but from reading all the Abs postings must agree. Once the relief of being AF fades, it seems the underlying issues pop up. Please don't get discouraged. It's just the next step of your journey, to figure out those issues, and you will have lots of support!

Hope your day improves.

Comment

Not a good day

Hey BHOG-
                              Just found this tidbit of info on the internet...Maybe it helps explain what is happening?

? Walking around in a pink cloud - ?Hey I can do this, no problem?, ?It?s like I?m experiencing things for the first time??remember? Since so many people experience this ?pink cloud? stage of addiction recovery it seems like it must be some sort of defense mechanism that our brain kicks in to get us through in the beginning. But then?
                              ? Moving out of the pink and into the gray - Just when you are getting used to your life in the pink cloud?the bottom drops out and lets you fall on your ass. Things don?t seem so picture perfect anymore. Again, this is so common that it seems like it are the needed steps for our brains to take to be able to deal with a new life in addiction recovery. This is the point where the real work begins. No more can you rely upon your recovery feeling great all the time. You must now want to deal with the reality of life in recovery or you just aren?t going to make it through.
                              formerly known as bak310

Comment

Working...
                              X