I'm pissed about Joe staying home and getting pissed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARRRRG. Joe just called. He stayed home from work all day and drank. He called to tell me we are out of beer. When he stays home HE DOESN'T GET PAID for that day. Me, yeah, I have annual leave. But I don't remember ever staying home to drink. Tho, I might have because I drank too much the day before. I also choose days I know won't disrupt my office. And this is maybe once every two months, Joe does it about once every other week!!!!!!

Then, when I started saying something he said.........just turn and look at the flowers. Like that gave him liberty to do this!!!!!

I don't have to look at the flowers, especially the red ones, 'cause I'm seeing RED. If this were the other post I would say the F word many many times!!!! :durn: nfire:

....and he is still in denial about being an alcoholic? I would be very mad too.

Comment

I don't know AFM. I cut the convo. pretty short because even tho, I have a private office, I don't like to bring private matters to work..........u know on the phone. Besides the words I were thinking, most folks here don't even know I know......I don't cuss here.

Comment

Joe`s behaviour is out of line hart, considering he does this nonsense on quite a regular basis. It`s time to take a stand........you can`t force him to quit drinking, but you sure as Hell ought to tell him that you will not tolerate his drinking affecting his work. Flowers don`t pay the rent!!!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

((((TK, Star))))

It's great to have your guy's support. You know, if he would even do some of the housework or repair work BEFORE he got drunk........it would go a long way to stop me getting AS mad. Sigh. I'm getting to the point I'm getting toward depressed again. It's a damn cycle I'm in and I don't like it.....get mad, feel guilty for being mad, get depressed. I'm in my forties, you'd think I would handle myself better!!!!!

Thanx all :l

Comment

Relating to you on this one. Grrrrr, how dare he casually say that, grrrrrrr, seeing red with you.

Lx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Yes I would be somewhat maddened by that as well.

Actually I would probably reach down the phone and pull his head through and slap him silly!

I hope you can sort something out. For you, and him.
              'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
              From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

Hart,

Yep, I'd be pissed. Period.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Add me to the "I'd be pissed too" column. Particularly with the flower gift...as a makeup for missing work (income) and being drunk? Huh?
                  BHOG
                  War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I'd be pissed as hell!!!! I have no words of wisdom, but I feel your pain!

Comment

oh hell Hart .. that's outrageous. put him online here and we will all e-slap him
                      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

E-slap, yeah I like that!

Comment

Sorry you are going through this Hart. Big hugs is all I have to offer. I know he is a great guy "with issues"....we all do. Hope you are able to sort it out and communicate openly.
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

So sorry Hart. Lordy knows I am no expert on marriage!!! Mine spent a good part of last year unemployed but he is not a drinker, just not a go getter. This year looks to be better. Just commisserating because I have these problems that I cannot solve. Question #1 on the alchoholic test is, do you miss work because of drinking. That is the reason I never miss Mondays, but have felt mighty bad during alot of Mondays. Your hubby missing work is not cool and he is not being supportive of you. Don't you hate having to step over him while you head out the door to your own job? I sure do!!
                            The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Ugh, sorry Hart. I'm ashamed to say I stayed home from work a few times to drink. I used my personal hours, so I did get paid, not that it matters. I wish I knew what to say to you other than to let him know this is not acceptable.
                              Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X