Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pissed about Joe staying home and getting pissed

Hart,
    As a guy tell him to get plastered on his own time ! I really don't want him to do that....but with anger that's what I feel ! He needs help like all of us. But first he need to accept that he has a problem. I sound like a AA meeting......but really....when your inibreated most of the time...your mind is not right ! Reason is not thier ! I hope he can get help before he self distructs ! You seem to have taken the bull by the horns and are welling to fight..Good luck to the both of you. If you can get him on this site...Us guys can help him out. We all need help....IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hart-

what he did was obviously unreasonable...

However, I worry so much about the fact that you and your husband both drink. I know you have heard this here before. And don't know what I even suggest you do about it. But, I think it is easy for your hubby to "defend" his drinking based on yours...

Maybe I am totally off here.

I just know I would be in deep doo-doo with my own drinking if I had a drinking partner. As it is, I suck at getting better.

I am sorry for your tough evening. I am sure my post didn't help at all.... Just what came to my mind.

with love,

Beth
      formerly known as bak310

Comment

Thanx guys. Yes I too wish I could get him online. Maybe I will bring that...........no strike that I WILL bring that up to him.

Beth I consider you a friend, and you are not out of line. Yes, he can defend his drinking WHEN I drink too. But I don't miss money due to it. He used to make 2/3 of what I make....which was enuf to pay his child support and truck payment....now he makes 1/2. A lot of that due to not coming to work a lot of the time.

I honestly don't care who makes the most money, but hey, if I manage to pay my bills....why can't he?

Comment

Hey hon, didn't see this thread til now.
          Good grief I know this frustration! Ex-BF would drink before work, then cut shift short to drink more, lie to me and to his coworkers (which I know about cuz I was out drinking once with a woman who worked with him). AND I was responsible for all the bills, and he made about 20% of what I did. Frankly he didn't even make enough to pay for our beer and wine.
          I know the frustration, but I am sure it's so much harder for you because I know you really love Joe. You're in quite a pickle dear.
          I hope you are taking care of yourself. As soon as the snow on the mountains melt you get your ass over here and we'll have a girls night, k?
          hugs.....
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

(((MOW)))

We will hon. Thank you. :l

Comment

I can sooo relate!

Hey Hart - Sorry if this post is too late but I just have to share my story. My husband is a huge drinker and has for the past 11 years used upp all vacation time 5 weeks, 2 weeks sick, and get this 475 hours of leave without pay - he makes over twice what I make. It has gotten us in so much financial trouble that I am constantly worried about losing our home. Thank God he is working now - cause hes in so much trouble - but hard to catch up and hard to love someone wh does this to his own family. So I know how you feel - I hope it doesnt get worse like mine did.

:upset:

Comment

Working...
              X