Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers please....?

I am praying for both you and your dad now. :l
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Prayers please....?

sending lots of love and prayers from Rhode Island to you! Take good care and I hope all goes well for allof you !

Love, D

Comment

Prayers please....?

Prayers from me too.
        xoxo

Comment

Prayers please....?

Shoot, how did I miss this? Prayers are flowing. And here's info. There is a windlow of time for stroke recovery and it starts now. Three months maybe. Intense rehab. get the best possible. Patients have the right to refuse. My dad is a controlling person and when he learned that he could say no, he used it to his detriment. Get on the rehab bandwagon best you can. It can make al the difference. The therapy people are wonderful but the patient CAN say no if they choose.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Prayers please....?

All of my prayers are with you and your family.

{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Prayers please....?

I am so sorry FMS. Wishing you strength and a sense of peace during this time.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Prayers please....?

Dear FMS,

I'm thinking of you and sending prayers and love to you and your parents. I know you have been through hard times with your family, and I pray that God gives you strength and peace to deal with whatever comes your way during this time.

We are all here, waiting for any word from you when you have the time to touch back.

Love,:h :l

YAH
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Prayers please....?

You are in my prayers...
                  Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Prayers please....?

Feet, hugs and prayers from the Boop family too ........:h :l :h
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Prayers please....?

FMS,

Please know you have our love and support and tons of prayers to carry you through this time.

xo

Comment

Prayers please....?

FMS

Praying hedges of protection around you as you travel. Also for peace in the family and for healing if it is God's will. Strength for the journey you're on and quiet rest when you need it. May God place you safely in the "cleft of the Rock" and cover you there with His hand.
                        If it is "dark" there...it is because He has you covered.
                        :h Nancy
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Prayers please....?

FMS,

I wish you and your family peace.

I wish you and your family strength, courage and wisdom.

Daughter to daughter~ I send you my hand.

m. xx
                          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                          I am in the next seat.
                          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Prayers please....?

FMS .... sending you strength.

Comment

Prayers please....?

Hi FMS-
                              I'm so sorry to hear this. Please travel safely. I will be thinking of you and sending prayers to you and your family.
                              Please take care and let us know how you are when you can.

:l
                              Lisa

Comment

Prayers please....?

FMS~

My mom had a stroke and a heart attack in August 2006, at 78 years old....I too, hurried home, anticipating the worst. I've written about her journey in previous posts, but here's the Reader's Digest version-

My mom is still alive. She will turn 80 in March! She has regained ALL of her functions. She went from the hospital, to a nursing home, to home. She was "supposed" to move into a home without stairs, but she wanted to move home, and home has stairs.... so, she navigates stairs everyday. It took her 4 months of hard work and rehab,
                                but Mom did it! Let's pray your mom can do this too, okay? It IS possible... :heart: .

FMS, my experience taught me:

1. If your mom is in the room, assume she can hear everything.

2. Once your mom gets her senses back, if the nurse is talking to your mom, make sure that they are talking TO her... 99% of these wonderful nurses remember that their patients are people, but if you catch any of them talking to you and not to your mom, kindly correct them.... re-direct the question back to your mom, re-phrasing it and speaking to her. Maybe not this week, but as she recovers, keep this in mind....

3. Focus on her beautiful eyes.... be patient..... she is just as scared as you are, sweetie. :l

4. When my mom was recovering, my feelings of helplessness were overwhelming. I stayed with my mom at the nursing home for a week during her recovery.... and FMS, my mom has no memory of these 3 - 4 months of her life. I understand this is common with recovering stroke patients, but I wish someone had told me. It would have been easier for ME to cope if I knew she would not remember it...:l

Finally, IF your mom has any current alcohol issues, please let the doctor know. My mom did have a stroke, but she also has Wernicke's syndrome and we didn't know it. Once Mom's doctor knew about her drinking, he re-assessed her condition, ran liver tests, and dealt with the vitamin deficiency that is common with alcoholics, which was hindering her recovery... I realize this is a sensitive issue, but my mom's doctor saved her life because we 'fessed up about her alcoholism...

God bless, and pm me anytime. Much love,
                                Patty

Patty
                                Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
                                X