question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question

This may seem a bit out in left field but I have not seen the matter addressed here ...

Is there a "need" for certain sober people to go from one alcoholic relationship into another? Do they have the urge to "fix" the walking wounded?

For the love of me, I can't compute re-living the struggles. Perhaps they thought they didn't get it right with the first alkie and can perfect it on their second attempt?

I am an alcoholic ... but not the booby prize. Am just trying to get my head around this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Masq
    Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
    :wings: :huggy

question

Hi Masq, I'm thinking that habits are hard to break whether they be an emotional habit or a physical habit like drinking etc...
    I know of one very intelligent, professional smart lady who works with emotionally disturbed people for a living... She "fixes" them at work, and then... she has a idiot boyfriend that is truely a "piece of work" also... hmmm.... why would she knowingly do that.. maybe she is just drawn as you say to that sort of person to fix them... hmmm....
    Very interesting thread and I hope that others shine some light too...

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

question

Thank you for your reply, Niblet. BTW ... love your avatar!! Takes me back to my farmgirl youth in Ohio. Goats are so cute when little ... can grow up stubborn as all get out though, lol.

I've been honest with this man about my disease and struggles. Can't, for the life of me, understand why he doesn't run like hell for the hills. Only I can fix myself.

I really appreciate your input.
      Thanks. Love,
      - Masq
      Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
      :wings: :huggy

Comment

question

I have a huge problem trying to help others, but I can't even help myself somedays. Then I get depressed. I feel like a walking scientific project some days.

Comment

question

It's me again.... My avator is my "Special Agent Spy Goat" named Niblet... He and his best friend "Kiwi" are miniature goats that are only as tall as my knee... They are both neutered and do not smell or butt people... I love them absolutely to bits !!! They act more like a dog than a goat because I have spent soooo much time loving them up.. We bought them from down south, (Southern Ontario, not all that far from Toronto) when they were 8 weeks old... Kiwi and Niblet have my heart and make me smile even on a bad day They have 2 barn buddies, Cody who is a quarterhorse ( will be 30 years old this summer :O) and Milley who is Codys' girlfriend... She is a mix breed of a horse with a huge heart...
          "Funny how everybody seems pretty normal until you get to know them"... Haa !! Haaa !!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

question

Masq, my daughter is a nurse she has gone from bad relationship to bad relationship tryimg to"fix" men. Myself growing up had an abusive father I sought out older alcoholic men like Dad to date and to fix them to somehow fill that void. Never worked, nearly got me killed! I don't know why we have the need to fix.
            M

Comment

question

Try reading about codependancy, I think you'll find what you're looking for there...
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
              X