Does Anyone Really Know Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Roz, welcome back, yes I know what you mean BUT really in all honesty at how BIG this site has become.... Yes I have noticed many, many people missing or possibly just haven't posted lately, I was missing for a few months when I didn't have a pc and we were being monitored for internet use at work so couldn't even have a sneaky look in there. As for the folks that i have noticed missing, did I put a call our for them - NO.... Anyway, this has got me thinking so here goes for some, just some of the folks I haven't seen for a while - WHERE ARE YOU: Popeye, Rocky, Happycamper, Irish Lady, Weemelonhead, Imatree, Mr and Mrs Mackeral, Mutch96, MDBiker, Peaches, Paddy, Rachel28, Gabby, Saint Jude, TomNolds, Cashregister, Bootcampbarbie, Ariel. These are just a few that I remember responded to my early posts. This could be a whole new thread - a WHERE ARE YOU thread - ??

Lxx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hi Roz,
      Well, I noticed you and have enjoyed chatting with you a couple of times. I think as alcoholics, we are very vulnerable and sometimes can be a little insecure. Please hang around and tell us more about yourself and how you`re doing. Truly, there is no "in crowd" at MWO...........just a down-to-earth, friendly crowd of which you are one. :l

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Ditto above Roz, also wanted to say that at times I felt I just had nothing to say to anyone, no advice to give, no humour to offer etc etc but something just kept dragging me back to MWO and I am SO glad... so happy to be here and I still feel that I can just log in and have a look if that is all I feel like or post like crazy if that is what I feel like, so undemanding, unpressured, warm, welcome and fuzzy tummy.

Lx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Roz, I've been here since last June, and many times felt the same as you. I'd not post for awhile and nobody noticed. WHUTEVER!
          Memarcie's advice is what I would offer. Narrow in on a couple long-term threads, or hang out in the Mods or Abs forums, where the groups are smaller than the general boards.
          I've found my niche, and hang out there, because I don't have as much time as I used to to keep up with everyone (which I miss, but life calls).

Hang in there and be very posty!!
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Hi Roz, I think it's been said that there are so many people here coming and going and returning that it is not possible to keep up. Yes, there is always some call for someone who has been on here 24/7 posting, posting, posting and then goes missing. Most of us do not have that kind of time. (i've been on here a lot this week-end due to the holiday and procrastinating my project). Hows this. I didn't go to church for a year because I was working on a Master's Degree, on-line (of course) and I always had some huge paper due on Sunday night. No one noticed. And I was the youth director for six years. Christmas pageants, and sunday school and music and not one person called to see where I was. It bothered me for a very short while. I returned to a different service time, Saturday eve.,where there is a whole different group of people. I didn't want to have those feelings at church, of all places. I think, in general, we are a very sensitive group of people. I know that is one of the reasons I enjoyed numbing myself to the world of people. I just didn't get it. Roz, We are the same age and have had the same affair with wine. How are you doing? I've almost been AF since Christmas except when I snuck a bottle of red (twice) and swigged two beers. Of course I bought the wine at the store and had a plan to enjoy a glass or two late in the evening (hubby in bed). The next day i couldn't stop thinking about that half bottle of wine, (that I hid in the dry goods) guzzled it and topped it off with the beer. I guess I'm not ready to moderate.
            sigpic

Comment

I think Starlight Impress hit the nail on the head with this one. People who come to this site are vulnerable and sometimes overly insecure about perceived lack of response.

Roz, I don't remember you for some reason but I am sure you have a lot to offer.

I have to say personally, it made me feel a little weird when i joined and people did notice when I went away. I guess it reminded me a little of AA. Like I would go on a vacation and
              people would be asking if I was ok. That hasn't happened in a while and I am ok with that.

I remember going to AA and truly regretting giving out my number because I was getting calls when I was going on vacation and in truth I felt embarassed. Or I didn't want to go to a meeting and would get the calls asking where I was. No! I hadn't fallen off the wagon. I really hated it.

So there is a balance that needs to be struck.

I am sure other people really like that kind of attention.

I do think you have to remember that even when you become a more established member... we have actually had a lot of attrition lately and I think threads asking where people are have kind of gone out of fashion in a way, though you still do see them.

The feeling is that if people want to leave, and they do for a variety of reasons, that we should not hound them. like for example, sometimes people come in very gung-ho and become leaders, then fall off the wagon and feel wary of coming back, or so it seems. And everyone wonders where they are and misses them.

You know there are all types of people in this world. Some people in this forum become the popular ones out of their extreme need or shock value. with others it is wit or leadership in helping others maintain sobriety. Still others are quieter and offer deep insight at times. I think every personality has a potentially valuable role to play and we should not judge value by numbers.

So I hope this helps explain it.

Comment

Hi Roz! welcome back. i know what you meant about a "high school " aspect. no one is catty here, but I was at first a little envious of some who've been here a while and have developed such deep friendships. I think it just takes quite awhile , and it's hard to keep track of who is who sometimes.. anyway , hope to chat more in the future
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Looking forward

Hi Roz, haven?t had the pleasure yet, but looking forward to getting to know you. :h

Comment

Hi Roz
                    I remember you from starting out and on firecracker team. always love reading your post. dont feel like that you are not part of us... because you ARE. WE do care.. stick with us.

Love
                    Teardrop.x
                    family is everything to me

Comment

Very nice to meet you Roz xxx
                      Stop by our 30 day Luvs' thread if you can...we'd love to share our campfire with you and get to know you better... Take Care, I know,... sometimes we all feel very small like a speck of dust... I understand... xxx Chin up Hon.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                      X