Nine hour meeting -not fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen Tawny. And Nancy. I've got a couple T-shirts too. I never thought I had a choice.

Allie my heart goes out to you. Keep listening to your gut and take of yourself and YOUR family. Whatever you decide, you've surely got MY support, for what it's worth.
    Love wonder xx.

Comment

Hi all,
      I know this thread has gotten long, but I wanted to let you all who have invested your help and encouragement to know that we have a solution I think! It did not come without a lot of hurt feelings between us all, but things have begun to smooth over with phone calls today.

I have two brothers; the one who has had my Dad for the last three months, and another who is really struggling financially and in the process of trying to negotiate closing costs on a very small house he is trying to buy on 10 acres of land. Its way out in the country, and this house comes with a little barn. The barn has electricity, and with a little work, could easily be renovated into a nice room and put a bath and shower in, carpet, a little decorating and wala. He has obviously been putting a lot of thought into this silently, but this morning proposed to all of us to have Dad come live with him. His wife is a nurse and can oversee his meds. My brother is self-employed, so he works from home so Dad would not be left unattended during the day. My brother is like a "Mr Mom" type.... his wife is gone to work during the day and he stays home with their four year old and cooks dinner every night for her. Anyway, he needs help with closing costs as the bank is needing more than he has saved up, so he has asked for us other three siblings to help him out with closing costs and the expense to renovate this little barn into a nice room. It was not at all what any of us thought would happen or crossed our minds, but everyone is excited about, including my Dad! He will get to walk around outside and get exercise, have a garden to tend and be around his grandchildren rather than sit in front of a TV all day in an Assisted Living Facility. It has been stressful financially as we have all had to cough up a lot, but at least we are investing in property that will profit us and there is a plan to pay us back with my Dad's social security. That would never happen with a Assisted Living. A lot of emails and phone calls today, but everyone is breathing a sigh of relief.... the only thing that hinges is there is still a possibility my brother will not get the house. He is in a bidding war with two others, but he has first dibbs barring he has the finances Monday morning when he meets with the bank.

This is such an answer to prayer.... I have been praying for God to make a way out of this mess when it seemed there WAS no way. And that he will also forgive me for this hangover. I have really not done well the last two days, and it was really therapeutic to come here and find so much encouragement. You guys are wonderful, and thank you. I'm doing so much better today.

P4T
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Where is this "brother" Allie......I want him to be MY brother.....
        God bless him.
        Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Allie,

I hope your brother gets the house and all works out. It is so stressful trying to care for our parents. It would be such a nice situation for your dad too.

Good thoughts coming your way.

Comment

Hugs Allie!
            I hope all things work out wonderfully for everyone.

K
            Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
            April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
            wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
            wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
            wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
            wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
            wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
            wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
            http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Allie it sounds like a good solution. I hope your brother gets the house.
              Marcie

Comment

P4T, My heart sing for you. Can you hear it?
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Yep..... I can hear it Greeneyes
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Allie - such great news!
                    It does beat being in an assisted living situation.

xoxo
                    Dx
                    * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Hey P4T-

Just wanted to say that I'm so happy for you. Saying a prayer too that your brother gets this house. wow- perfect solution.

Lisa

Comment

Thanks Allie for putting us all pins and needles until you check in on Monday and let us know if your brother got the house! LOL

It does sound perfect and I am glad your dad is enthusiastic about it.

Please post as soon as you know anything. Well, post prior if you want, but especially once you have the green light from the bank!

xo

Comment

Been there done that ten years ago when my dad was around 68. he lives in an assited living on medicare and VA benefits. I support my mom and sister who is on disability.
                          Lots of pressure from services to take dad home with us, we resisted. it was a great choice and now i see him twice a year. He loved alcohol, and new age religon more than his family.
                          thisweek we move him closer to our house, so mom can see him more often, I can handle that.

Comment

Working...
                          X