Inspiration...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiration...

was just back east visiting my husband's family. his oldest step bro is a recovering drug addict and alcoholic. he just had is 4 year "birthday" of being sober. he is best guy. he has two kids (17 and 19) and he's been on drugs and alcohol for almost 25 years. he was in bad shape. he said, it's scary to make a change, but that anyone can do it. you just need to think about "why do i need that drink?" he almost lost everything, but here he is, remarried, in a beautiful home, waking up feeling good and enjoying his life. he said people are afraid of the unknown. but he truly is an inspiration. he was in a place i can't even imagine. so if he can do it, we all can do it.

he said family is the key. they will support you. they will love you. and he said waking up, feeling good, remembering things and enjoying them, instead of avoiding them keeps him straight. he also attends meetings multiple times a week and knows how easy it would be to go back (he failed several attempts at rehab).

i think the fact that you want to make the change is the first step. hang in there. believe in yourself and it's ok that we make mistakes but know that we all can do this.

have a good day.

Inspiration...

great poat . and yes it does feel good in the morning .waking up sober. no head pains and feeling shitty. but anyway have a great day and yes we all can do it
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Inspiration...

Thanks for the post! What a great inspiration your Brother in law is. We (I) need to hear stories like that to keep me going ......

Have a great day yourself!

Bambi
      "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Inspiration...

Hi carjobe,

Family is the key....at the moment i'm helping my brother who is in the same boat...Thank God i have mwo people for my family that keeps me hanging in there. Thanks for your post.

love
        Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

Inspiration...

yep I too believe family is the key, but dont abuse it, dont push the boundaries too far, they can be l;ost too
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
          X