Trixietrack is glad to be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my friends at MWO. just getting back from vacation. It will take me a bit to catch up with all that I have missed while basking in the Caribbean sun.

I was really worried that I was going to have a hard time moderating or staying sober due to the fact that I was spenidng time in a place where booze is cheap and being on vacation is a pretty heavy temptation.
    i did well, and partly because all the people I was spending time with, where non drinkers or moderators.
    I did experience one incident that I will not forget.

I was on a boat with some friends going to one of the cays that surround the island. We saw 2 guys and a girl in the water struggling to get back on a jet sky, we approached them on the boat to helped them (good thing they had life jackets on).
    The girl was panicking, we helped her on the boat, the 2 guys appeared to be fighting . Then one of them threw a punch at the other, while they seemed to be trying to turn the jet sky over, we kept telling them to come on the boat, finally one of the guys did, the other still refused.

We circled around the jet sky until he finally jumped up on the boat, he sat next to me and started telling us what had happened.
    he was swearing and out of control, then we realized he was totally drunk and had taken the other man and his girlfriend for a ride on his jet sky, how they didn't realize he was drunk I'll never figure it out.
    Finally the drunk guy got really belligerent and started threatening us and we called the coast guard who took him away.

That just confirmed to me how scary and stupid being drunk could be.
    missed you all and I am glad to be back. refreshed and ready for NYC.

:h
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Wow Trixie!

I am glad no one got hurt -- sounds like that situation could have gone really bad.

So glad you are back... hope other than that it was a wonderful vacation, and good on you for doing so well! Those tropical drinks tend to get to me...

Welcome home!
    P4T
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Trixie,

Sorry you are back, only because it means you are back in snow and cold and NOT in warm and fun!!

However, really happy you had a good time (other than the incident, yikes!!) and were able to stay moderate the whole time.

Looking forward to "seeing" you around again.

:welcome: back!!

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Great to see ya back safe and sound trix! Sounds like a right nutter that bloke!! Sure he wasn't from New York too??!!!lol.

Catch up with ya soon hun!

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

We missed you Trixie. I hope you will post some pictures from your trip. That situation sounds like it could have been a lot worse; glad it wasn't. Also sounds like you did a good job not overdoing it. Way to go!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Glad to have you back Trixie! Hope you will post some pics.
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Trixie my friend. I'm glad you had a nice vacation and stayed on track (get it trixietrack ha ha - forget that one)

Isn't it interesting to see drinking from the "other side" now. Makes us just all the more committed now.

Welcome home.
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I wondered when you were going to re-appear trixie. You were gone a long time! Welcome back! You did not miss a thing here.

Comment

YAY!!! Trixie's back!!! Have missed you Trix. I thought it was about time for you to be home.........
                  Love, wonder xx

Comment

heya Trixie, been a while. Glad you are doing well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

I was thinking about you the other day, Trix! Glad you are back!! I hope you enjoyed your trip !

Comment

Welcome back!!!! Well done on mods :goodjob:
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Oh, it provides so such motivation when you see someone drunk. Not that I find happiness in someone else's misery, but I think you know what I mean. Helps to keep you straight.

Sorry you had to go through that on your vacation. That must have been relaxing!

It was nice that you guys stopped. Who knows what that could have turned into.

Welcome back!

Love, Me
                          :l
                          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

hey everyone thanks for the warm welcome. yes that incident sure woke me up, and made me realize that being drunk is really not that cool or fun.
                            I am glad to be back and ready for anything.
                            I don't mean to brag too much. I can't believe that I experienced 0 hangovers on my holiday and was waking up at 9am for walks on the beach instead of at 1pm for a walk to the local beach bar.

what a difference, nothing better than coming back home feeling rested and happy instead of sick, broke and with barely any memory of what happened.
                            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Great to have you back trix!!!! :l

Starlight Impress xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X