Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overwhelmed... no more... long.. sorry..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really admire you, MM, you got your head so together, very wise. You will weather this and you will be alright. :h
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

wow girl you are one wtrong woman. stick to it.
      wish I could help you organize there is nothing worse than being around disorder when stressing.

good luck and a great big positive energy hug to you

Trix
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

MM, no truer words were every spoken..........I love your post's!! They always ring so true to me. It is so very easy to get wound up in the care and nurturing of other's whilst we neglect ourselves and our own soul. It was that very thing that allowed me to drink the first time that I went for 30 days and got to 28......with no desire at all to drink, yet, I wandered into the liquor store and bought a bottle anyway..........just a couple of drinks to "relax".........................ARGH!!

Now, I am on day 37......yeah!! I have had those moments of exhaustion, feeling completely depleated but I am doing things a little differently. I would rather stop and buy myself fresh flowers, a new candle or a lovely piece of chocolate!! I stop and write in myh gratitude journal.........I just stop and breath.

Damn....MM......I wish we lived closer, we could give each other facials and body treatments!!!!

Happy Sunday!
        KateH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

MM,,, You are a true inspiration to each and everyone of us... If only we could all recognize our feelings as you do... Please keep on keepin' on... Guilt should be all thrown out the window Hon as it does us no good... Thank-You for sharing and we are all here for you... Lots of Love and Hugs, xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Hi MM, i am in a similar situation, facing a divorce (probably a good idea), kids, maybe moving house, very challenging job. I have been so overwhelmed these past several years and high anxiety, depression and binge drinking. Well, I've learned that while I am going through hell, I must keep going! That is, minus the alcohol, and minus the old pretenses of being a "tough cookie" and very capable of doing it all! While I still face many, many difficult challenges, I feel stronger, more level headed, more optimistic without the alcohol. When I think of drinking, I cringe, I have no fantasy about any good times with me and Bud. I wish you strength and some time to be at ease with yourself. Stick to simple things that are most important to you and take special care of yourself. You really are a great lady and inspiration, j
            Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

MM, yip.........you need to learn to delegate........you cannot be all things to all people. Nurture the self........we must treat ourselves with kindness and respect if we are to remain sober. You really are doing fabulously........long may it continue.

Kate........congrats on your 37 days.......am thrilled for you.

Starlight Impress xxx

Comment

MM,

I cant add much more that hasnt already been said, but I really appreciated your post. I can identify with the overwhelmed part as of recent and it is so important to "get it out" and write, talk to someone, or whatever we need to do so as to not bottle it up. I am learning as well to try and share what I'm really feeling more with my husband when I can and he can help encourage me, or here. I love your plan of action to find the help you need at work, with the housekeeping and your daughter! Your post is very inspiring. The only thing I would add, is be sure to squeeze some time in for exercise even if it is not as much as you are used to. It so worth the rewards both physically and mentally.

P4T
                If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Working...
                X