Reach for the bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reach for the bottle

I hide bottles all over just incase something happens, then nothing happens n I still end up drinking them. I convinced myself I was drinking because I was havinga tough time but now I'm drinking for no reason. I can't help myself. If I don't drink I obsess about it. I have to drink to stop thinking about it, its the only way I have any peace. Even tho drinking has made me ill recently I can only be satisfied if I drink. Sorry if I'm not making sense. I stopped myself from going out with mates with good intentions of not drinking anymore today but found a bottle in the house. I just need something to fall back on.

Reach for the bottle

I associate with the "obsession" thing. My main stumbling block. Always there 24/7. It's not easy but it is possible. 51 days af for me and for 40 of those days i have obsessed every minute. it's only been the last week or so I have felt less controlled by those thoughts, although today I have struggled. The "voice" has just not let up at all, but I won't give in...not for today anyway, and that's what matters right now.... TODAY.
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Reach for the bottle

just say no more bottles. throw them out and start again. good luck
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Reach for the bottle

Hi Babyshambles.......nice to have you with us.

To be perfectly honest, you`re "digging your own grave" by keeping booze in the house and you don`t need me to tell you that. When I first quit drinking, I did not keep alcohol in the house and I still don`t.........why deliberately stick temptation right under your nose???

Give yourself a fighting chance at sobriety by refusing to keep drink in the house. It still won`t be easy to quit, but it`s a helluva lot easier not to drink if there`s no drink available to drink.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Reach for the bottle

Yep. If there is booze in the house i WILL drink it. Don't need a reason, just do it. I think that's called addiction.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Reach for the bottle

Baby Shambles, Welcome!

If you are still hiding bottles in the house just in case, i don't think you have made up your mind that you want to quit.

You drink them because you are addicted to alcohol. It's that simple.

I'm not going to tell you not to keep alcohol in the house because I don't think you are" there" yet.

Keep reading and posting. There is so much to learn.

I wish you the very best of luck! Sobriety is grand!

magic xx
            ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
            I am in the next seat.
            My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Reach for the bottle

you are hooked on the juice it will take a lot of work for you to let go of the so called good feeling. if you are serious about quitting the stuff, you will be able to do it in time.

be patient, and no hiding bottles, that defeats the purpose
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
              X