Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to hell in a handbag...

Promise!!

Dreams are made for realizing. Sobriety doesn`t have to be a pipe-dream. Sure, it takes a lot of hard work, but the ultimate joys far outweigh the struggles it takes to get there.

Comment

Dreamweaver;278368 wrote: Thank you Magic!
      I will be OK as far as withdrawal goes. I lurked on the boards and got 2 weeks. I slipped and my 3 day binge turned into 4 (this am).
      I am done drinking today!
      I might not be a happy camper come tomorrow.
      Even now as i write this, THE VOICE is screaming that I have not found the right AL in the proper amount.
      I am going to ignore it as best I can.

Welcome Dream weaver....

You're right- you only have to be done drinking for today. When AL starts screaming like a spoiled brat, looking to get his way again, tell him,

"Good things happen to those who are patient."
      Just make the deal with yourself that today is AF.
      Tomorrow, you may or may not be AF- that's for tomorrow to decide. You CAN be a happy camper tomorrow~

As for mothers, we have the sixth sense, don't we? Sometimes we just know that something's off kilter.... maybe you didn't see your son's issue because you were busy with booze? I know that happened with me and my daughter when she was 18. Regardless, the past is the past. You are lucky that your mom lives nearby and it sounds like you have an open relationship. :huggy:

And as for living in the past... It's okay to visit the past, but at some point, we have to let it go. We need to keep the happy memories warm in our hearts, but leave room for new memories. :heart:

I'm glad you are here! Much love,
      Patty

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

Having just got to know you Dream - I agree with all of the replies meant for you. I think we can be own harshest critics, which makes matters worse. Do the biggest arseholes in the world have sleepness nights and thoughts of doing better for others and self when lying (crooked) in bed??? Don't think so - so why should a good soul like you, or any of us for that matter.

I guess take comfort in the fact that we have all been there in one way or another and that we are united by that - globally, if not even more profoundly. I personally don't detect a bad person in you all. I think you have a heart of gold and are honest and willing and need now to invest in yourself.

The people that matter will help - mothers ususally invariably - and some can't cope when a loved one is hurt and retreat, but that doesn't mean they don't care or love you - only means, simply, they can't cope. Not your problem, despite the hurt it causes. Time for you to shine, in order to do that you need to clean the dull bits which is the boring and hard bit. My guess is that mentally you are half way there anyway, just not giving credit where credit is due - to yourself.

Didn't mean to rant, just know where you are coming from.

Love Hundi (who appears to a fan of the - and the ( ) ) scare myself at times.
        __________________________________________________ _

Insert something witty and utterly hillarious here .............

Comment

Hi Dream,
          I've been a lurker too..that's so funny. Wounder how many others lurk. Alot I bet.

don't beat yourself up so bad...I think there aren't many of us that haven't been where you are...I woke up saturday morning and drinking friday night wonting a drink right off the bat..luckly my boyfriend needed me to go help him work so I didnt drink and ended up not drinking the whole day. I woke up sunday feeling like a real person.
          Be thankfull that you have a little voice that tells you what you're doing is not right. Some times I think my little voice is getting weaker and I don't feel as guilty as I use to....that's a scary thought isn't it? what if no matter how much we drink we didn't feel remorse?
          I wounder about rehap and if it might not be a good idea..I don't know. I'm reading the post here hoping that when I can afford to buy the Top and the CD's that things will be better. I hope having a drinking problem doesn't make us a bad person too.
          talk latter, Jade
          :l

Comment

I made plans to go to an AA meeting tomorrow at noon!

I scare myself when I drink!
            I never know where I will end up!
            I never know how long the "episode" will last.
            'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

Time for you to shine, in order to do that you need to clean the dull bits which is the boring and hard bit.

I am american. What R "dull bits".
              'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

Dream, good luck at the AA meeting. Post and let us know how it went. :**
                Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Take good care of yourself Dreamweaver - i know that is something we tend not to do at all when we are like this.

Let us know how the AA meeting went, I bet it made you feel somewhat powerful over this bugger of a thing.

Thinking of you, hang with us.

SL
                  Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Wow do i know the good soul trapped in the selfish package. The knowing it makes it all the more obvious it needs changing. If you were totally selfish you wouldn't even feel bad. I speak from experience. I struggle with knowing that person exists and the person who wants to quit (long-term) but needs to understand there is no easy button. I wish there was. You can take comfort in that you are SO not alone.
                    Lioness

Comment

Dreamweaver ~ love your name (and the old song). You've gotten a lot of great advise here. I hope it helps you.

I haven't much to add other than you are in my thoughts and prayers. I too hope that your AA meeting went well for you. If not, we are still here. Not going anywhere. We understand.

Best of luck. Please stay close.

Love, Me
                      :l
                      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Dream, sorry to be confusing, 'dull bits' just an analogy to working on what needs work, with a soft cloth ....xxxx
                        __________________________________________________ _

Insert something witty and utterly hillarious here .............

Comment

Working...
                        X