I got drunk last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got drunk last night

Hey guys, I am not proud of myself, but got well and truly hammered last night!!!!

We bought a bottle of tequila back from our holiday, and I have absolutely no recollection of drinking most of it last night, other than the gash on my head from falling!!!!

Its the first time in 18 months but can't believe how bad I feel!!!!

Day 1 AF for me .............
    sigpicXXX

I got drunk last night

Hope head is ok - concentrate on those 18(!) months af - a wonderful accomplishment. This was a mistake that is worth reflecting on but not letting it get out of proportion. You give great advice to all.
    I struggle to go a week w/o al - at present averaging 2 drinking days in 7 which for me is good.
    mac

Comment

I got drunk last night

Ouch Betty. I'm sure you feel like crap today. Good idea to step back from mods and go AF for a bit.
      Marcie

Comment

I got drunk last night

Thanks mac and memarcie .....

I really thought that I'd got the mods thing in control .......

Apparently not!!!!
        sigpicXXX

Comment

I got drunk last night

Hmm Betty,

Good Tequila was one of my favoured poisons too - hope the head gets better soon.

We are all "works in progress" Betty.
          If we were all perfect - the world would be a dull place.

I am sure you will use this and grow stronger as a result.
          Don't be too hard on yourself, you have come a long way!

Love :h

Satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I got drunk last night

Betty, I wouldn't say that you don't have it under control after 18 months of not being drunk. I think even normal drinkers get drunk on occasion.

I think if we are doing mods, it is good to have extended periods of AF as well, just so we don't ever fall back into what "used to be".
            Marcie

Comment

I got drunk last night

Hi BB,

Sorry to hear about your slip but confident you will be back in control quickly. I hope you didn't need stitches. Take care of yourself today and remember we are all thinking of you.

Comment

I got drunk last night

BB,
                ouch!
                I am sorry about your head. I hope you are ok...physically, and emotionally.
                I don't know anything about mods, but Marcies advice sounds good. A bit of AF just to reenforce the fact to AL that you mean business, and this was not something that will happen again.

much love and hugs,
                K
                Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

I got drunk last night

Hey Betty!

I can only reiterate what mac and Satori have said really. You HAVE come a long way and this is something to learn from and move forward. You're not back at square one again! ( unless you haven't learned anything from this!!!).

For me personally I never count A/F days. I made a life changing decision on 2nd June 2007 and I've had 2 slips both of which I learned a lot about myself and my thought process. That's all that matters to me.

Love and Happiness
                  and big warm hugs from the hippie xxx
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I got drunk last night

Hi BB me too last night and for the last time, Hippie I love the idea of a life changing desicion, thats what I have done today. Im so pleased I logged on
                    GG

Comment

I got drunk last night

so sorry betty ...but know you will get right back in the saddle...dont be too hard on yourself and get re motivated...you can do this...hugs buckle

Comment

I got drunk last night

Hi guys, thanks so much for your support, just had a call from my mum, she said that I should know better and I am a bad parent!!!!!

Ggggrrrr .......
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

I got drunk last night

Sorry about the phone call BB. We all should know better, that is why we are here, right? Because we should know better but we slip. You are a good parent.

Comment

I got drunk last night

Hi BB

Please do not beat yourself up for it. We all make wrong decisions but once we have done so there is no point in regretting it. We can't change it. Look at the past 18 months, how well you have done and how far your have come. That itself should tell you that you can control it and you are a good parent.

Hope you are feeling better.

Mandy x

P.S I once got drunk on tequila and fell asleep under the dining table!!!! I remember my husband saying to me the next morning:
                            "one tequila, two tequila, 3 tequila....floor."

Comment

I got drunk last night

I HATE this concept that anyone who has a child and gets drunk is a bad parent. Your parenting skills Betty have nothing to do with whatsoever so don't even entertain the thought. It's hard I know as it so infuriating and I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue if that was my mum. That is well below the belt B and I think you should make your feelings known TBH whether it causes a row or not.!!! Just my opinion though!!

Love and Happiness
                              Hippie
                              xx
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X