Please don't do what I did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike: Thanks for sharing your story with us. Your experience sounds awful, yet needs to be shared. It helps us all to keep the consequences of drinking and driving into perspective. -Reenie
    September 23, 2011

Comment

Mike,

So sorry to hear. We all think it will never happen to us. I, personally, drink at home, for that very reason. I have been telling my sons and their friends that their odds are catching up with them. (Twins 22)

Well, guess what? One of the buddies was charged with DUI, a few months ago. And my son was charged - out of state - very strict laws and will go to court next tues. He may go straight to county jail.

Hopefully this will be what it is going to take to open his eyes and get him to straighten up. I keep telling myself, this is a blessing. He didn't kill anyone and he is alive. But the thoughts of him in a jail just flood me with despair.

It's just not worth it!

Good luck with your situation. I will hold you in my thoughts that all will be OK.

Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
      X