Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

earthquake

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hope everyone in UK is ok after our little (BIG for us) earthquake last night. I am in Lincolnshire.
    It was the weirdest experience ever, the whole house shook for about 10 seconds and it woke all our household up and they are MEN!!!!
    No-one knew what was happening I can only imagine how people in places where there are big earthquakes feel. It was scary.
    Anyway a/f for nearly 3 weeks so doing well and feeling good (for a change) !!!!!!!!!!!
    Lots of love and best wishes.
    Vixta. xx

earthquake

more info please

Vixta
    Give us more info please! Right now in the usa - all we hear about on the news is Obama and Hillary ... Where was the earthquake? Thanks and glad your ok. The world is sure shaking everywhere!
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

earthquake

Hi Vixta,

Glad you are OK! I lived in So. Cal for several years, earthquakes were a common occurance, but you never really get used to them! They are scary........you wonder how big it will be and when it will stop and......after it stops......will it start up again!

The National Geographic channel has a great 2 part series on Earthquakes, they show it fairly often......do you get this channel in the UK?? If you do, you should watch it, it really is facinating!

Take Care!
      Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

earthquake

hi there..vixta.. i live in ca for a while and i been thur alot of earthquake. and all you can do is ride them out ..and hey glad to hear you are doing so well great job.3 weeks you go keep it up
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

earthquake

Hi Vixta! I saw the news about the earthquake last night and was thinking of our MWO members in the UK. glad you are OK. Hey , i lived in Lincolnshire briefly while in college. Grantham. had dinner in Maggie Thatcher's childhood home! sadly, haven't been back to England since then.
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

earthquake

i didn't even know there were active fault lines in the UK
            I was in the Loma Prieta earthquake in San Francisco in 1989. a 7.1
            that was no fun at all.

Trix
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

earthquake

Hiya
              My house was shaking last night! It woke me up at 1am. Thought i was having a weird dream at first but then realised i wasn't. It was so strange. It felt like my bed was doing a little dance. Very loud too!

Comment

earthquake

Yeah we felt them here on the Wirral. Being slightly neurotic I thought I was having a 'fit' or 'attack' of some sort at first. I was lying in bed watching a 'horror' movie called 'Underworld' which didn't help either!!!. I really did shit myself (not literally I'm glad to say) as It was something totally out of the blue and not something we usually experience a lot of in this country is it!!

Love and Happiness
                Hippie
                xx
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

earthquake

Hi all, felt it here in Notts. I woke just before 1am to what I thought was a large lorry going past the house. I thought nothing of it and went back to sleep, which took all of about 30 seconds. I couldn't believe, when I got to work, that everyone was talking about the quake. The morning papers where saying it registered 5.1, so to the large lorry that I cursed for waking me up, I'm sorry, I now know it wasn't you. :H
                  TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

Working...
                  X