tired of hiding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tired of hiding

I have a friend who does energy work. Keeps asking me when are going to get together? I don't return calls, I'm so ashamed. I know she will know. She worked on me once and said "what's up with your liver? You need to quit partying." And I escalated. And avoided her. Well.... I just left her a message telling her why I haven't returned her calls. And cried in the process. Damn I seem to cry whenever I talk about my problem. It's so shameful for me. But maybe this is a big step for me to fess up. I hope she will like me even though I can't seem to get on me feet just yet and hide from everyone. I miss my friends. AL told me I didn't need them. Arsehole.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

tired of hiding

GE, Your body is telling you something it may be Time to listen. Time to let go of AL and Time to live.
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

tired of hiding

I think you are making progress. it is painful to let go
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

tired of hiding

yes, you are, but quit lurking, bad girl. E-slap! Thwack! :H
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

tired of hiding

I think there are so many emotions and states of mind we go through when we give up alcohol that to tackle them all head on would leave us heading straight back for the 'bottle'. My drinking was always out in the open though and I never had to 'out' myself if you like as it was common knowledge with friends and family. I think that's why I had no problem in calling myself an alcoholic in the beginning. It's obviously a very different situation for yourself green as you are still having to deal with this. The biggest hurdle I found was admitting it to myself!!!. Everyone else knew apart from me!!! I didn't care what other's thought about my drinking at ALL. I think you'll be very surprised at the reaction you get though from your friend. Real friends will be there for you and not judge you and if they're not willing to do that then I'd personally find it hard to call them my friend at all. I found out who my real friends where if I'm honest when I gave up drinking for good. I may not see as much of 'em as I used to but that is a sacrifice I have had to make for my own sobriety and one I will continue to do until I'm comfortable enough to be around the 'scene' again.
          And thumbs up on that one......alcohol is an a-hole!!!

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

tired of hiding

She called me and was incrediibly supportive. Let's go to a movie, bowling, got to the park with the dogs... Proud of me for trying. Felt good. Reall good. Cried again.
            sigpic

Comment

tired of hiding

GE..
              I hope you take her up on some of those ideas! It would be good for you! And since she allready knows, you will not have to hide anything!
              BHOG
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

tired of hiding

Green,

Way to go!

The Universe is showing you the way out of this.........really! Go for it!!! You might just find this way much easier than all the fear that you have been dwelling on!

xxKateH
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

tired of hiding

Kate, you are right. I have been dwelling on fear. Thanks for pointing that out. I need to switch fear to hope. And action.
                  sigpic

Comment

tired of hiding

I think you already are switching from fear to hope, Greenie.

:l:l
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

tired of hiding

greeneyes ..so proud of you .you go girl
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

tired of hiding

Hi GreenBeanie:! you are doing well with positive steps my friend.
                        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

tired of hiding

Hey Green Eyes, If some one invites you to spend time with them, to go for a walk, to go bowling, go to a movie. . . do you know how special that is?
                          sigpic

Comment

tired of hiding

Hula, you're right! Good thought!
                            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

tired of hiding

[ame= ]YouTube - Smallville- Green eyes[/ame]

Greeneyes, you are surrounded by understanding friends, what a blessing!
                              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                              - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X