Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the thought of going AF so scary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all seems fun in the moment Trixie and then there is tomorrow. The dreaded tomorrow. Maybe AF is the route you need to try to figure out what's next, I am not one to offer advice in this department however b/c I haven't gotten 30 days under my belt yet.

Fun I went skydiving for the rush, twice, scuba diving at night and in ship wrecks for the rush. That was then. This is now and it's a whole new game. Find the path you want and take it! We will be here for you.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Trixie that was a really interesting point, why on earth is it soooo scary!!!!!

AF spell for me now too ...........

Thanks, :goodjob:
      sigpicXXX

Comment

me too BB. and I am feeling much better. being AF is not a disease for F@#!!k sake
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

cindi;284501 wrote: Trixie,

That is great!

Keep it up, keep vigilant and do not let yourself get so addicted to AL that moderation is not an option. I mean that deeply.

AL will keep sucking you in until you are "lost."

You have been doing so well on the mods and can stay there forever. I mean forever. Just do not let AL suck you in until you cannot "live" without him.

You are one my favorites on this site. I would love to see you beat the beast!! Truly. :l:l

Love,
          Cindi
          thank you cindi, this means a lot to me
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Boy can I relate!! The moment I think of quitting "forever", I am off and running to the liqour store. I can't tell you how many nights I don't even feel I want to drink, but I look at the clock, realize my husband will be home soon, and panic...."oh my god, I don't have anything in the house to drink...what will I do IF I want to drink later and don't have any here...bleh, bleh, bleh." That is the beast talking to me. Convincing me (always) to run out the door and buy some alcohol, which I invariably drink.

I am starting antibuse shortly. I am ready. However, just this knowledge is encouraging me to drink now...while I still can. Rediculous. It is like I know this is my last chance to be with my abusive lover.

I am not looking at the antibuse as a forever af thing, either. I can't. Although I hope after getting some af time while on it, I will re-evaluate that decision and be more comfortable with it, because I know that for me, I will probably not be able to drink moderately.

I will let you know how things progress.

Beth
            formerly known as bak310

Comment

Beaches,

My bros were scuba divers "extradonair" types. Both of them had been scuba diving for years and both had gone through "Seal training" which is rougher than most can understand.

However, there I was, on the reef with them and they both "scoooted" for the boat and I just looked the damn barracuda in the eyes because he was "looking" me in the eye and I would not back down!!!

How funny!!

That weekend, we brought that barracuda "up" and ate him. (Sorry for all vegans on this site.) and brought so many other "dolphin" called today "mahi mahi" so they do not get confused with the dolphin.

But the real thing was, we "hooked" a Marlin. A real Marlin. It took us 45 minutes to bring him up to the boat, tail walking, jumping, and I could really "see his eye" looking at us, fighting for his life.

We brought him up to the boat and released the hook. That fish had a few more fights to go. OMG. What a fish. He was longer than our boat, sword to tail.

I have been blessed, guys. Not only by "hooking" a fish like that but by being with men who understood what a FISH that was.

Love,
              Cindi

OMG, I had a once in a lifetime expeience and love it.

What I really love is that there were people even back then then understood what that fish meant. We did not capture him or eat him or stuff him (or her) we let him go...

My daddy was and is today a wise soul. You do not let lightly what you can win and suffer.

OMG. I am so proud today and 35 years ago...

We let that BEAUTIFUL fish go to fight another day...

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
              X