What do you think we'd use if Alcohol wasn't avaible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think we'd use if Alcohol wasn't avaible

Hello to everyone--This is my first post & sort of scared of posting---My mind & my thoughts often go back to when I was a child & going thru difficult situations & trying to deal with them---I was to young to drink but probably would have like to have had one or something to ease the pain----I'm wondering if it could be possible that our DNA could contribute to our problem of addiction...( some people can handle situations better than others)......There must be a reason why some can drink a few & us cannot----I think it would be worth a study----We always seem to blame one thing or the other but, What if it is in our Genes? I'm not trying to make lite of alochol & the abuse of Alcohol but, something just doesn't fit....I remember when I was younger & seeing a Dr he said that I was a potential aolchol... Frankly, I nerver understood his comments but,it always bothered me---But here I am today an Alcoholic..I know that even if any of this is true I still need to take charge if I want to be AF ....My big question is what do you or anyone think of how we may have dealt with stress & dificult times in our life when alcochol wasn't avaible( what do you think might have been your self rescue....
    I just think it is sad if we have a pre-dispositioned to have this--I don't think it is any different from the other diseases that we each face except this one is self destructable..I don't think or can image that others with other diseases feel the great whelm of shame that we feel--I feel like I have way over expressed my feelings here but, this is what goes thru my mind everday --my question is--- If there was no alcohol & it wasn't a staple in our lives . what do you tnink you would have turned to----.I'm not trying to bag out here but, would like to hear ofbe gently please ....I try to be very strong but, if this is a match for me when I was younger & had no control , it needs to be know ... I remember years back when my life started to change.. I didn't know what was happening but I knew I didn't like it--I was now out of control---I started to read health books & tried to gain some knowledge as to what was happening---I'd go to Dr's & they would just go into my past life as maybe my past was a part of my today actions---Could be true , could be false.. I remember in the old days that a psychiatrist would do a complete work up on you as far a Vitamins etc...They don't do it anymore---they just sit around, listen to you, play guessing games & give you drugs..
    Sorry for the long post but, now you can see what I'm dealing with..You people are beautiful.....
    This is a wonderful site & with Gods grace I will find My Way Out------
Working...
X