tinnitus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tinnitus?

I have this high pitched buzzing in my ears and I vaguely remember someone saying it was associated w/ the condition of yourliver. I think it was a friend who went to my homeopath. Anybody else have that? Does it go away when you quit drinking and your liver begins to heal? Homeopath knows I'm a drinker. Numbers don't lie, so I had to fess up. Maybe I should be calling him instead of posting.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

tinnitus?

BY any chance do you do the I-pod thing? Frequent ear bud or headphone use can cause tinitus and most don't realize it and now that you are hyper sensitive to all your senses is what may be play here. Either way, "white noise" can help. Tune a radio or TV between stations and keep the volume low enough to where the hiss (white noise) mutes the buzz in your head. I play elec guitar and used to crank it abusively loud (no surprise) in my younger days. Took months for the buzz in my ears to go away and the radio thing helped me fall asleep.
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

tinnitus?

Greeneyes!!!! OMG!!! I've been getting that too. It began when I started all these supps though. I thought it was the 5-HTP, which I just stopped, but now I am wondering.
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

tinnitus?

No, I don't even own an I-pod.
        sigpic

Comment

tinnitus?

oops

Are you taking the supplements - because like lukalee said - it can be amino acid supplements - I get that when I take my tyrosine supplement ---- or do I have liver damage too? ..... oops maybe I need to go have mine checked too. Ok - hold hands and we'll all go have our livers checked?!
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

tinnitus?

Check your earwax situation too, LOL. I've always had a bit of tinnitis, even previous to heavy drinking. Probably from blasting music too loud as a kid. If it is bad, check with your doc.
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

tinnitus?

I have ear candling stuff. I'll get hubby to do it.
              sigpic

Comment

tinnitus?

Hey Greenie,

Tinnitus sucks! I have had it for several years. My doc attributes it to all of the air travel that I have done. I used to log over 100.000 miles a year at a minimum. I still have to do a lot of business travel. Tinnitus is also called Meniers disease with is damage to the inner ear that affects the fluids in the inner ear.

But, I do notice that the supplements do help and in particular, B vitamins. I have also tried homeopoathy with some relief.

I say try everything! If you find something that works......please share!

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggg ggggggggggg!!!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

tinnitus?

I read about meniers disease and have had some vertigo. Want to be in denial about that righ now. I should change my name to Queen of D' Nile haha. I'm not sure what would be worse. Meuniers or liver damage.
                  sigpic

Comment

tinnitus?

Tinitus

This is V common in drinkers. I had it myself. It seems to be a normal condition agrievated by withdrawal hypersensitivity.
                    Long Road
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

tinnitus?

Long Road... "had it"? so it goes away?
                      sigpic

Comment

tinnitus?

Yes

It left me after ~ 3 mnths sober GE
                        Long Road
                        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                        X