Elevated liver enzymes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevated liver enzymes

The Dr called and said one of my liver enzymes is elevated and I need to go into his office to talk to him about it next week. Not sure what to do just wanted to share. Does anyone know much about this?
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Elevated liver enzymes

it can be something as benign as what you ate prior to the test or it can be more serious. usually there will be more than one blood indicator and they will identify the overall bloodwork as a serious issue or not. the only way to really tell is with a biopsy. hope all goes well for you!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

MyHeart,

You need to find out what "elevated" means and which one(s).

Get the info so you can check it out yourself.

Hope things are okay with you, MyHeart. Take care.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

The liver is a great regenerator and like Det said it could have been for a number of benign reasons. However, if you have a drinking problem you might want to get some AF time in before you see the doc again and have your blood retested. If it was related to alcohol you can reverse this very easily by not drinking.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

OK, I'm feeling a little better and going AF, which sucks! I just found out the antidepressant I was on (which I loved) has a side effect listed under "frequent side effects" as liver problems! So now I've lost my wine and my antidepressant, Ugh!

I did read that the supplement SAMe which is suppopsed to help depression is actually good for the liver. It upsets my stomach a little so I guess it's a baby dose for me.

Thanks guys :h
          - George Jackson

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

yes, SAM-e is good stuff but get a respected brand. because it's expensive there are a ton of ripofs out there.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine;281984 wrote: The Dr called and said one of my liver enzymes is elevated and I need to go into his office to talk to him about it next week. Not sure what to do just wanted to share. Does anyone know much about this?
              Hey MyHeart! Just wanted to let you know I'm going through exactly the same ordeal myself at the moment and have an appointment with my GP on Thursday as he is unhappy with my results. This is the third test for me in 2 months as my results where high after my first test so needed monitoring. 2nd one they were still not good but nothing that my GP felt worth investigating more but this last one is not so good and I need to go in and see him. It's always easy to think the worst in these situations isn't it? Some good advise already given so try not to worry and wait and see what comes of it next week when you have the facts laid out in front of you. That's how I'm looking at it anyway!!!

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

Just wanted to add something after seeing your new post Heart. My initial thoughts were it had something to do with the Antabuse tablets I was taking as they are known to cause liver problems as well. Plus I started a new anti-depressant myself just after New Year which I think has caused swelling of both my ankles and feet due to water retention and rapid weight gain also. Although the water retention could be liver related as I'm hardly passing any water. These of course are all thoughts just going through my head so I'm still just gonna wait and see what my GP has to say. He knows my history as I've been with him for years as well.
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

You could maybe look into Liv52 if you're interested in a liver supplement. Its very popular amongst certain people who use certain supplements that are known to be hard on the liver. Apparently it works well for drinkers too

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

hippie37;282043 wrote: Just wanted to add something after seeing your new post Heart. My initial thoughts were it had something to do with the Antabuse tablets I was taking as they are known to cause liver problems as well. Plus I started a new anti-depressant myself just after New Year which I think has caused swelling of both my ankles and feet due to water retention and rapid weight gain also. Although the water retention could be liver related as I'm hardly passing any water. These of course are all thoughts just going through my head so I'm still just gonna wait and see what my GP has to say. He knows my history as I've been with him for years as well.
                    Antabuse causes liver problems and is designed for drinkers? That really sucks!

My Dr. thinks my problem could be from the antidepressant but then again he doesn't know how much I drink and he didn't ask. The Dr. also said my blood sugar was high so I need to be tested for diabetes and my cholesterol was 204 which is high. And for the grande finale.....The entire left side of my body is numb and tingling, like pins and needles

Oh well, Good luck to us both!
                    - George Jackson

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

MyHeart, I had extremely high enzymes when I first talked to my doc about my drinking. Once I was AF for a few weeks, enzymes were back to normal.

I wouldn't change anything with your meds or take any supplements until you talk to your doc. They will probably run another liver panel and if you've been AF for a bit, your enzymes may be lower.
                      Marcie

Comment

Elevated liver enzymes

Hi there

I would go along the lines of AF for a while, get a good diet sorted high in fruit and vegetables, get some exercise in, drink water and get 7 hrs sleep a night...........it might make a difference to your health.

i know when I engage on this routinei look and feel better!!

good luck and hope the tests go well.

regards Cassy

Comment

Working...
                        X