forum changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forum changes

Can anyone else confirm for me that they are NOT getting the little flag up indicating a new private message. I normally have MSN running which lets me know when a new private message has entered my inbox. I don't use it anymore cause it causes distraction and I end up going off on tangents to other forums where I also get e-mailed on responses to posts.

I overlooked a few PM's the other night, nothing drastic, but I'm used to getting that flashing little flag above my mood icon telling me I have a new message. Is it a forum change with the new software or are you all experiencing the same thing as I am?

Thanks for any help given!

Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

forum changes

I'm not getting it anymore either, I think it was an envelope?
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

forum changes

Hi

Thanks for reporting this. I'll forward the info to Codemonkey. I'm preparing to start a new thread to address glitches like this. We just made a significant upgrade to the forum software which was long overdue. It's not uncommon for a change like this to affect the many "plug-ins" (like PM notification) which were installed much earlier. Unfortunately, we don't know of them until they are reported to us, so this is very helpful.

I'll post a new thread in the General forum shortly to address this and other issues. It'll make it much easier for CodeMonkey to view comprehensive information.

Again, thanks.

RJ
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

forum changes

I noticed a while back that when I sent a PM with Read Receipt, I never got the notice of being read but the receiver did confirm receiving the PM and reading it. No biggy- just FYI.

Comment

Working...
        X