Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report site glitches here please

PM Notification

Myheart, or anyone else with this issue: be sure and check to see if any private messages are unread. You may need to scroll down a bit if you have a lot of PMs in your inbox. An older one, unread, will trigger the flashing envelope until you open it.

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

ok just a few minute ago i was in chat then came out chat and started reading post well after reading the post i was log out why . is there a time limit that i need to know about
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

This was happening to me a lot tlrgs as well. I've had to clear out all my history and cookies to stop it happening which I'm a bit annoyed about but these things can't be helped. I suppose some good came of it as FINALLY decided to back up my hard drive and remove a lot of unwanted programs I don't use and in general I've had a good cyber clean-up which was long overdue. Try and follow the instruction from RJ's first post. I've just copied it again below for you but you may be able to follow the original better as it has bold type on the important buttons you need to click on.

Click the Tools menu item and choose Internet Options. I forget how IE 6 has the settings arranged but I believe it is the General tab. In there you should find a setting called Browsing History or something similar. Click the Settings button. Make sure in there that Check for newer versions of stored pages is set to Automatically. That is the only good setting and God only knows why they have any other choices there as they all cause problems. Then it would be a good idea to hit the delete button next to the settings one to clear old data. With this setting your browser will always check to see if a page is updated and then refresh the cache if it is.
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I also wanted to post that EVERYTHING is working fine now for me once I did this. What I would like to know though is am I going to have the same problem again?
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Roberta Jewell;283276 wrote: Myheart, or anyone else with this issue: be sure and check to see if any private messages are unread. You may need to scroll down a bit if you have a lot of PMs in your inbox. An older one, unread, will trigger the flashing envelope until you open it.

RJ
            Thanks RJ!

My PM's are working fine now. I was referring to the "open" or "closed" envelope located to the left of the threads. It is not accurately reflecting new posts or no new posts as it used to.
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

And the answer to my own question " is this going to happen again??" is YES YES and *****YES!!!

I had an inactive period of about 20 mins while I was on another website (I had 2 Mozilla Firefox sessions running concurrently so I didn't actually go off site.) Again I was logged out automatically.

Also I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not and whether this may even be a glitch at all concerning cookies and history. When I first log in I ALWAYS click on new posts to catch up with what has been going on while I've been away and get an overall picture. I always get loads of threads come up and I usually will start to post myself. Once I've posted I then hit the new posts again to continue. i know there are going to be less posts there on occasion but it seems somewhat drastic in my opinion to go from say 27 new threads posted in to say 8 or 9. Is this something again to do with cookies and history. I'm no expert and nowhere as qualified as codemonkey to suggest it is but it does seem like it to me. And now I have just been logged out again while writing this post!!!!

Comment

Can't log out.

I can't log out for some reason. When I do it shows that I am about to log out and ask if this is okay. I say "yes" but when I re-enter I am still logged in and everything is marked as read. Weird.......it would be nice to be able to log out. :').

Thanks for the help.
                Bambi
                "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

I have the site saved in my favorites....same as always.

I go to: https://www.mywayout.org/community/

Hope this helps!
                  "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Sorry CodeMonkey...still didn't work. Bummer, I even shut computer down and everything.

Thanks for helping,
                    Bambi

Comment

I have been getting logged out automatically as well. I thought it only happened when I was inactive for a period of time. a lot of websites are designed that way for security purposes.
                      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I can't change my mood on this site when logging in from work. From home I can.

Comment

Man.....I would love to be logged out Automatically! I can't even log out! I do and when I come back on I am already logged on. Would be nice if I was the only one using this computer.........But I Am Not!

(Just trying to keep my problem out there also, lol. Most seem to have the opposite.)

Comment

character traits of an alcoholic

Also my search facility is not working. It just brings up a blank page saying Done.

"I want everything done and I want it done now!!" lol
                            (says the typically neurotic alcoholic hippie!!)

Comment

hart;283844 wrote: I can't change my mood on this site when logging in from work. From home I can.
                              Hart, please complain to your boss that you cannot do what you want on the alkie site you frequent, maybe he/she will reduce the security on your internet access.
                              Marcie

Comment

I actually like that each time I don't come here for awhile I am automatically logged off, this is new for me, as of today.
                                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                                X