My son's friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son's friends

Oh boy what a day I am having. My son goes to a 5 day military boarding school and comes home every weekend. He came home tonight and told me two of his good friends were in a very bad car accident last night. The boys are all seniors in high school and all have been very good kids. My son's friend was driving drunk and killed somebody. The boy that was driving is in intensive care and the Doctors do not know whether or not he will live, if he survives he will be facing prison. The passenger is my son's best friend and he is in the hospital with internal bleeding and needs surgery, he is expected to survive. My son is at the hospital now visiting his best friend, the boy that was driving cannot have friends visit yet.

I have always stressed to my son to never drink & drive or get in a car with someone who does. Just two weeks ago my son called me at 2am and told me he thought he was OK to drive, it took me twenty minutes to talk him out of it and convince him we would not be mad at him and to give me his location. My husband picked him up and we just praised him for doing the right thing and calling for a ride. We didn't ask any questions about the drinking. This lesson I'm sure is really hitting home for him. I just feel so bad for these boys but most of all, of course, the innocent victim.
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

My son's friends

You are living one of my worst nightmares. My boys are still young but those days will be upon me soon enough. I hope your sons friends pull through OK.
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

My son's friends

MyHeart,

Yes, your son learned a serious lesson and it sounds like you and he have a close relationship. Very good for you and your husband talking him into letting you pick him up no questions asked.

Sending prayers to your son's friends.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My son's friends

Hi My Heart,

This is so very tragic, for all concerned. I am grateful that your son was not directly involved. Though I know that he and you must be more than a little concerned and sad for his friends.

It is so horrible that kids so young are drinking. And, then they drink and drive. It detroys so many lives. Lives that are just beginning.

I am hoping that some how, this all works it's way out for the best.

XX KateH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My son's friends

How horrid. It is so devastating to lose someone, mush less a child. My heart aches for them.

Comment

My son's friends

You're a great mom in the way you acted when he called you. Take that and now what is friends are going thru-tough lesson. Glad your son was not involved.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X