As I sit here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I sit here...

I am so ashamed I got to this point in my life...AGAIN. Take note fellow AFers...this is not fun. I went 7 months....thought I could have a drink now and then, then now and then became every weekend again, then everyday. Then here I am today, after a 4 day binge, so sick I can barely think straight. Don't get cocky, this is real. Don't be like me, reach out before you take a drink. Not 4 days later.......when your half dead from drinking.

As I sit here...

Thanks, Luv, point taken. Geez, how like you, to be thinking of the rest of us, when you are feeling so poorly yourself.

Listen, what's done is done, remorse is one thing, but shame....Nope! Just use this as a learning experiece. We have all learned from this, I hope! Many of us are only one drink away from this or even worse!

Remember Luv, hands around the world are holding you up! We are all in this together!

XXX KateH
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

As I sit here...

It is so painful.

Comment

As I sit here...

Hey luv-I took my first drink after 7 mos AF last year and I knew right away that that was a mistake. I was under a lot of stress and over-whelmed. Lesson learned. Don't beat yourself up. Just continue with your original plan.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

As I sit here...

I know Luv, believe me, I do. But, keep in mind that your body is really not what it will be a few days from now. Alcohol is a depressent, it makes us feel hopeless and helpless. Hangovers SUCK!

So, Take EXTREME CARE of yourself, today and from now on. You will recover from this. Life will get better for you........you deserve a great life!
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

As I sit here...

Oh Luv. You're singing my song too. It never ever changes for me either.
            And trying to put it down, once I've picked it up again, is the hardest scariest part. One foot here, and one foot over there, KNOWING that it's just SO not good.

I'm not going to make excuses for you. But while taking care of your Mom, you worked so hard keeping it all together and taking care of everyone. Maybe when she left (after being cared for so lovingly by YOU), you finally exhaled. And maybe it was sooooooo long overdue, you got swept away. For a minute. DING!!! OVER!!!!

You know how it's done. Let's go.

Love, WW xx

Comment

As I sit here...

:huggy
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

As I sit here...

Luv,
                I am so sorry for what you are going through with the binge and with your Mom and all that you have been through. I just finished reading your other thread, and was wondering how the AA meeting went? What was your impression?

Just know that this time tomorrow you are going to feel like a new person. Do you have a friend who can stay with you tonight to help keep you encouraged and be sure you get enough good fluids in you?

Saying prayers for you...
                P4T
                If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

As I sit here...

Yes while my Mama was here I had a "hall monitor" so to speak. When she was gone, I started having a drink here and there, but I CAN NOT moderate. If I drink one, I drink 10. I know this!!!! So why do I even pick up the first one?

Comment

As I sit here...

Luv-just read your other thread~boy it hit home. That was my last withdrawal. I couldn't hold anything down for two days and just laid on the couch shaking and scared to death from panic attacks. It'll pass just think of that. as each moment goes by it's closer to feeling better and a new start.
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

As I sit here...

I have a friend Allie!!! I am trying to gget seen to get some fluids. I hope to be out of here so I can go to the meeting at 7 tonight. My friend is taking me. He is even going in with me. He said he will stop drinking too. No more booze in the house, not even a beer. (which I hate beer, but will drink anything when on a binge).

Comment

As I sit here...

Luv, you are strong ..........

There for everyone else once again when you need to take of YOU ......

Luv u LUV xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

As I sit here...

This is so hard......I am just so grateful for you all. I know many of you know how I am feeling. Drinking is ruining my life. LITERALLY!!!! You know how bad it feels for your child to yell at you that you need to go to rehab?

Comment

As I sit here...

I do know how that feels darling and it SUCKS. I went to detox and still fall into a binge every so often and do the whole w/d thing again.

Comment

As I sit here...

I want to do better. I am really trying. I told my girlfriend about this today. She knew.....she wasn't surprised. Funny how we always think we are hiding. I am tired of hiding.

Comment

Working...
                              X