Greenbean tells sister!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenbean tells sister!

Wowee! Sister calls and I tell all. (cry of course). She says she could feel something wrong lately (we call it "the force" like in star wars). Not coddlng, glad of measures I'm taking. Lots of questions. Promised not to tell anyone else. I'm new at this telling "my secret" to people who actually know me. Has anyone else gone through this process? How did or does it work for you? I know 4theboyz just told his wife. Maybe that's what inspired me.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Greenbean tells sister!

Yippeee GreenBean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    More and more steps ... you are fighting this arsehole :rockon::bat:bat
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

MAybe the AA experience is empowering me. MAybe that sleep CD says "tell your family and friends"
      sigpic

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

Good for you GB,

It feels good to lighten the load doesn't it! Change is good, help is good, it's all good AF!
        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
        Watch this and find out....
        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

Just over a month ago, I wrote down all the reasons why I hate drinking to excess, gave it to my husband, asked him for his support in quitting. That week I found out about RJ's book and approach, started coming here daily, ordered and read RJ's book as well as Allan Carr's book, How to Quit Drinking. Now I'm AF 34 days. So far I have not used supplements, hypno CD's, or meds.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

This was particularly difficult because of us sharing POA responsibilities of my dad's stuff who is in nursing home and I'm solo executrix and all kinds of issues are flying around right now. She's doing a great job and I didn't want to discredit myself. But I thought WTF? She's my sister. Whom I completely trust. It was a shame thing. TIRED OF HIDING! Next is my brother. I'll have a cheerleading team before long. I'll have everyone wear big girl pants; brother will love that. :H
            sigpic

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

Wow, dowjb... That's great! you are a strong person! Or less adicted than me.
              sigpic

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

Green,
                Yes I told several people. It helped me to stop hiding!!!! I don't know if it is right for everyone, but it was for me. It made me accountable for what I was doing.

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

Sister says"well, you have your feet in the leg holes of the big girl pants, pull them up." BGP came from her by the way.
                  sigpic

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

Greeneyes,
                    I think that is very admirable of you and I hope she will now stand beside you to support you and keep your secret.

I made the mistake of telling my one and only sister several years ago. Our relationship has always been rocky, but I was feeling particularly close to her at this time and felt our relationship had really matured and changed. She was very kind and sympathetic at first, but months later when she saw me drink too much, she told my daughter (then 15) that "Your Mom is an alcoholic" and devastated my daughter. She has proceeded to tell our whole family and even extended family. I find these things out through the grape vine. I wish so badly I had never told her. But I know that most family members are much more supportive! I have told my husband, and he has been very kind and supportive. I just think you need to be sure you are safe, because sometimes people can take the information and hurt you with it, which does not help in this journey.

But I think my experience is probably abnormal. Sisters are supposed to be nice! :H

P4T
                    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

Big Steps

Big Steps Beaner
                      Wow I'm really thinking your taking giant steps now - maybe there is more to AA than I've given them credit for - you humble me. Way to go girl. No more little girl pants - they went to hand me downs. Wowe
                      liv
                      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

greeneyes ...wow and yeah

you go girl . i am so proud of you .you are awesome.and yes i went thru the same . telling my story to all . telling them that i am sorry for putting them thru a living hell . doesnt it feel good to just be open to all.:good::good::groupluv:
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

P4T.... ick! BMust have felt so betrayed. She said she would tell her hubby and I said NO! There is no reason for him to know! And she promised. She told me something once in confidence and we did not speak of it agin for many years until she mentioned it. She thought I didn't remember. I said "well you said not to talk of it again so I didn't". I'm the biggest secret keeper in the world. But I'm slooooooowly letting mine out. This site has been quite helpful in that aspct. It sort of gave me some practice skills. I want to do it at my own pace in my own way. And I deserve that. I believe she understands and will respect that. And that is the thought and energy I will put out to the universe. That every person I tell in confidence will respect my wishes in my recovery.
                          sigpic

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

I am so glad for you Greenie. I wish I had one person to tell. I can't tell my family ... they are still dealing with the aftermath of my bro -in-law drinking himself nearly to death this fall. Only one person knows, a good friend, but he lives in a different city.
                            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Greenbean tells sister!

You have me kittyhead.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X