AA meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA meeting

OK, I made the first step and went to an AA meeting. The only one I could make today was for smokers and I am not one, so my only complaint about the experience was the smoke gave me a headache.....OF COURSE, it could have been the fact I cried through the whole damn thing just about. Everyone was very nice...MANY of them hit rock bottom, I mean lost their kids before they wised up. I WILL NOT lose my babies. I am SO glad I went. I want to really thank Greeneyes! You have held my hand now for two days, but also gave me that smack to get my ass to that meeting. I was so nervous, just to admit I am an alcoholic to a room of people. I am in a vulnerable state right now, so it was very hard. Still healing from my 4 days of drinking, BUT I finally ate and drink some V8. First food in 2 days! I am also AF now for 2 days. I feel SO much better after going. I will probably chose another group for active participation due to the smoke, but I made the first step. My next meeting will be Tuesday night and is MUCH closer to me as well. I know AA isn't for everyone, but it was either get out, get a group and sponsor or take my ass to rehab.

AA meeting

That is awesome , Luv!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy you are starting to feel better
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

AA meeting

Well done, Luv....

We're all with you....

Drinking is not an option...

Don

Comment

AA meeting

Fabulous news.... I was anxiously awaiting your post. And you are welcome. Now you have to come help me dig out of the black hole of my office! :H PS. I learned the smack from this site. It is known as tough love.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AA meeting

Hi Luv, glad you went since you seemed to really need this right now. I say, you can never have too much support! Keep eating and getting those fluids down! Maybe you can take short nap before your children get home!
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AA meeting

I just got home and went straight to the computer to see how you are... I'm so proud of you in this all important first step... Hugs to you and keep climbing up and out of this "Bottom"... Love and Hugs, xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

AA meeting

LUV...Good for you...still in bar...still sober....I miss you....dont think i will see you till wednesday,so you stay strong im going to need you x....dont let AL make you lose your babies.........
              Jacqui xxx
              I LOVE YOU MORE XX
              Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

AA meeting

LUV, you are doing so well, I'm really proud of you .........

Keep it up, BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

AA meeting

Green, you bet girl. I would not have went to that meeting had you not gotten a little tough with me. I was backing down. It takes A LOT to walk in that room......everyone was very nice. They gave me the first chip and accidently gave me one for 18 months, that guy said...OH NO WRONG ONE, I said "I like this 18 month one better"

Comment

AA meeting

JACQUI....I will be here when you get home and PLEASE KNOW I DO CARE. I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like for you. I LOVE YOU A TON and when you get home....we will talk. You take care of you Emma, and baby.

Comment

AA meeting

Haahahaha! I bet it was the green one. They were holding up chips the other night and she said "this is green like kudzu". I had to as if she was referring to the supps. She gave me a knowing nod.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AA meeting

18 months after my weekend, honey I would have been jumping up and down to get that thing and it be true of my life....18 months....oh yeah. Would love to have 18 months. It is very motivating to go there. Here horrific stories and know you want to change. You leave with a good feeling, a feeling like you can do this. I realize it is gonna be constant, hard work, but my mind is more stable today and I feel like I can beat this. I have to get a sponsor and quickly. I want this to be a successful.

Comment

AA meeting

Hey LUV! I'm really pleased for you. I think AA is a great place to get to know other alcoholics on a face to face basis. A word of warning though don't be too quick to jump in getting a sponsor yet, find your feet a bit and get to know the people better. You may find you need to find a group that's right for you as well. I now a lot of people who gave up on AA simply because the meetings where crap or boring or they felt intimidated. I know there are a lot of people on this forum who have had bad experiences with AA but if you want it to work for you it will if you put the effort in.

I am actually a member of an AA forum so if you feel you need a secondary forum or maybe you just want to have a read of some of the post to give you a better perspective then drop me a PM and I'll give you the link.

Love and Happiness
                          Hippie
                          xx
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

AA meeting

Hippie,
                            I know AA is not for everyone and I am not even recommending...shot, I have only been to one meeting. I think the people were real nice, but I can't take the smoking. Being a non-smoker...20 people all lit up at once smoking, gave me a headache. Plus, this one was pretty far from my house. There is one in my little town on Tuesday nights I am going to try this week. I have the link to the AA forum, thank-you though!!! Someone sent it to me yesterday when I was dying.
                            Thanks for the advise on a sponsor, I will get my feet good and wet first. I really want to get back my AF state. I have no choice at this point. Haven't paid my bills, etc...have the money in the bank, just couldn't be bothered to sit my ass down and do it. PATHETIC!!!
                            I think I need some face to face help. I LOVE THIS SITE, but I need more. The way I felt yesterday, I never care to feel again.

Comment

AA meeting

luv-everyone was smoking! i hope outside! stinky-pooh inside, yuck-a-roo. :h

ripple~

Comment

Working...
                              X