there is alot that i have seen and come to understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are so many people out there that are looking for a miracle cure for al, the only way the meds they have out will help you is if you are ready to give al up completey.i don't want to insult anybody or anything .if any of you remember the day's when the doctors came up with a cure all for just about anything alot of people wound up hooked on what ever the drug of the century was. and wound up dead from taking to much of it .the drugs they have out will either curb the craving or make you very ill if you drink and take the drug or possible worse kill you. aa,my way out and all of that is great but you have to really want to quite for yourself first and for most .family is the main factor of the whole thing.
    these are just my thoughts on the subject .
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Totally right on. I take the topamax, which is really the only thing that has ever helped me - I believe that some people have biochemical issues as well as behavioral issues with alcohol. But you have to WANT to take the pill every day. You have to want to stay at the right dose - and push through the crappy side effects. I have even heard that you can drink through topamax - like you can ignore the effects of the drug and drink anyway....So, you DO NEED to want to quit. The drug cannot do it for you.

So right, T, you are brilliant! Although I am sure that I could not have quit without the Topamax, it is not the only thing that is keeping me away from the AL!!!! Great Post.

Comment

Only the real desire to quit will push me that one step further. All the suppliments, and support, and meds (I haven't tried any yet but I am leaning in that direction...waiting for kudzu) No matter what gets me there...self disgust, or kids, or....

good post,
      K
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Totally agree............

Comment

good morning to all and have a great day

Comment

tlrgs,
            I agree! None of this works unless and until you are ready to quit. Then any and all assistance will be just that, assistance, and a hand up on your way out of the morass that ALice brings to our lives.
            Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom!
            BHOG
            War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

ok good news

my son is doing great. he is helping people kids his age with sucide thougths. which to me is great news . and i know he doesnt talk to me , so today i decide to go to him and take some food for my kids , had to come up with something so that was a good reason. it give me sometime to spend with him . it was short but nice .and my ex was so happy to get more food.and i am glad to say. everything is good there. really its kinda nice they really dont need me there . but i will always be around.

Comment

:rockband:that is awesome news T!!!
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

tlrgs,

Nothin like good ole "WILLPOWER"!

Be well!

Best
                  "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I totally agree with you T
                    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

:hijacked: Trixie, like your new avatar. I think your new kitty would issue a total smack-down on dancing Travolta cat :H
                      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
                      X