first time here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first time here

Hi all tried and tried to quit but just cant get a handle on it drink 6 beers a night but will drink more if available had 9 last night would be gratefull for any help.I am miserable at present I gotta quit I have a wee grandaughter living with me and I dont want her to see me drinking...........................Joe:new:

first time here

welcome joleah, am sure you will find lots of help here,

Comment

first time here

Hi Joleah

And welcome to MWO. I always suggest that a good starting point would be to download the book. It will advice you on medications or supps that you can take and whether you want to moderate or abstain. Initially it is suggested that you do not drink for 30 days...this is where we all come in. Any time you feel that you are tempted or are having a bad day good day or just need to vent....just post. We will try to support you and encourage you in any way we can

You mention that you do not want your granddaughter to see you drinking, use that as your strength to abstain/moderate. Find the time time that you are most likely to have a drink and change your routine. Find things to do or do more activities with your granddaughter.

Hope to hear more from you.

Comment

first time here

A big warm welcome Joe
        First I have to say, " You ARE NOT alone " We will hold your hand and help you in any way we can. Take Baby steps if need be... slowly drink less and begin making new healthier habits... Enjoy that grandbaby... How precious... They grow up soo fast, so don't waste this precious time numbing all those memories and feelings.
        I agree with others that you should consider getting the MWO book to learn more about helpful supps and vitamins... Alcohol abuses all the cells so good nutrition and vitamins are needed to help you to help yourself... You have it in you to do this... Already you have made the first step by coming here...
        Surf all of the MWO website to learn more about supps etc... enjoy all of us compassionate, loving people... Sounds like you live down south of me... I'm right smack dab in the middle of Ontario where all the great lakes meet. This crappy snow, rain mix will be coming your way later on today or perhaps tomorrow... YOU CAN HAVE IT !!! Take Care, come here often, ask lots of questions and most of all know that you aren't alone xxx Hugs, xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

first time here

Joleah :welcome:

Can't find a better motivator than keeping an innocent child away from the nasty demon. But I hope you are doing this for yourself first. You have to be commited to yourself for this to really work.

You'll find a lot of great advise and support here. I wish you the best of luck.

We are here for you.

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

first time here

Hi Joe and Welcome,

Keep reading and posting. This is a great place with wonderful information to help you on your journey.

We are all in this together and together we can over come this!

Hugs to you,
            Bambi
            "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
            X