The Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Morning

Mornings are wierd for me. When I wake up after a day of being AF I feel good about it. For the first 2 or so hours I can say with 100% confidence that I wont drink cause I love not being hungover. Its a beautiful thing.

About noon, it changes and the fight starts. About 5pm, its the strongest and I have to be at the top of my game to avoid the bastard.

I would love to have the feeling of the morning to last all day. I wonder what it is?

The Morning

Yep....The darn cravings and BEAST start calling our name. We forget what a hangover felt like and want the buzz! Find the buzz in something else. Good food, movie, friends and coffee....oh yea and exercise, my least favorite but probably the best for you!

You can do this, Hang in there! It will get better.
    Bambi
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

The Morning

hang in there!

yep, I feel great in the am too...........then all the stressors set in and get the bad thoughts about drinking going around in my silly head!!! I think I do that to escape from the feelings I don't like to feel................??

I find that working out, going for coffee after work, getting a bite to eat or something will take the edge off..............so far working out at the gym has worked the best, cuz who wants to waste all the hard work they just put in, AL will ruin and eat away at all those beautiful muscles I just gone done building!!!

Why do that!!!

Good luck, Jimmy, know you can do it, you are strong......................:thumbs:

love ya!!:h

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

The Morning

cowgal;285310 wrote: cuz who wants to waste all the hard work they just put in, AL will ruin and eat away at all those beautiful muscles I just gone done building!!!
        That never stopped me from going home, laying on my bar with my lips around a beer tap. A dang nice look I tell ya.:H

Comment

The Morning

It's a very familiar merrygoround to me too Jimmy. That "forgetter" kicks in. It's very weird. And 5 pm is my witching hour too. Friday at 5 the worst!!! But, it's been a while now, and I can honestly say that that good feeling is sustained throughout the day for the most part. I am not wrestling with cravings really. THOUGHTS sometimes, but not cravings, if that makes sense. It's unbelievable, but it does happen. Just keep fighting. You're doing great-
          WW

Comment

The Morning

Fridays

Yeah, Fridays around 5 are the worst!! I was just trying to egg you on w/ some ++ feedback, can't fool ya though, huh??

I have a very good "forgetter" too and MANY times have finished working out only to stop for a beer.............ok, don't get me started!! STAY AF!! STAY AF!! STAY AF!!:happy::wd:

You will feel sooooooooooooo much better tomorrow AM, just think!! PLEASE!!??lease:

MA

Comment

The Morning

being broke really helps the cravings. I can't buy booze period.
              so I must stay AF. and I don't borrow money for booze or have a tab at the local bar.

so AF I stay
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

The Morning

Funny you brought this up, last weekend I was begging to be carted to rehab and today I feel like that never happened. I have to remind myself how freaking sick I was. I about killed my darn self. OR so I felt that way. I read those posts now and OMG....I never want that back.

Comment

The Morning

That is such a good point Luv. The "forgetter" works the other way too! Of you've had some AF time and take a fall, you 'forget' how much better you felt AF (or don't trust that you will again). Sheesh!!
                  That's where the good friends here REALLY make the difference, eh? :h

How are you today Jimmy?

Love WW xx

Comment

The Morning

Jimmy

How did you fair last evening Jimmy?? WW is concerned and so am I ...........

Let us know when you get a chance...............yeah LUV and WW I really NEED to remind myself how I was that last weekend of drinking my A*S off. I really DID think I was going to die also! That is one scary feeling...............the whole weekend was wasted ("Yeah al is really "fun", huh??????? NOT!!!)

love,:h:l

MA

Comment

Working...
                    X