So, to all of you Parents....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this in my thread last night, but I wanted to post it here. When I first began, my heart was so sad, mostly because of my daughter. I know there are so many parents out there that have talked about their kids, so I wanted to say, don't give up. This is just too important. The reward is more than you can ever imagine......:h

"Just got back from a LOVELY dinner with my little best friend. We laughed, and ate sushi. She bet me a dollar she could eat more wasabi than me, and she won. Then we went and ate ice cream and came home to watch American Idol. Totally a night for her, but secretly a night to celebrate me.

60 days. Wow.. I can hardly believe it myself. I have changed. I am happy to spend nights like this. I have to remember back to all the nights and days that I felt so guilty, and there were many. Days where I broke my own heart... days that I wished I could be like "other" Moms. Well, I will never be one of those Moms, I am different. I am a "cool" Mom, as DD says. She is right!

But the most amazing thing for me right now is my ability to be awake. Not drinking has allowed me to learn from her, she is teaching me to play, to laugh, to be silly, to dance in the kitchen, to roll around on the floor, to color. All these things seem small, but I never did these things myself as a child (long story for another time), and was too busy living inside myself for all those years to experience with her.

She is my teacher.

So, to all of you that are still struggling, please don't ever, ever, ever give up. It took me 11 years. Now, it wasn't all bad, of course, but I am now more present than I have ever been and she notices. She is giving back to me tenfold. I am her Mom and I finally feel like one. I have no guilt when I wake up. I have no guilt when I go to bed. I am free to run and play, and playing is fun!

Namaste,

MM"
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Thanks MM.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

MM,

What an absolutely beautiful post, from a beautiful woman who is growing.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oh MM-

Your post made my heart sing. Nothing means more to me...NOTHING...than being able to have special, silly, moments with my kids. It sounds like you, and she, had the most wonderful evening.

I am so proud of you MM.

I am on day 2 today, although I am now doing this with antibuse...no other way for me. BUT, I am assured to be af for at least 5 days, and of course more, each time I put that pill in my body. I have no issue with taking that pill in the morning, since it is only later in the day that I think I want to drink.

Your post is just so encouraging. I LOVE to take my daughter for sushi...it is one of her favorite things to do with me.

With Love

Beth
        formerly known as bak310

Comment

Thats lovely, im very happy for you both.

Comment

I am crying my eyes out as I read this MM ~ as I am away from the home base on business - I am also in the city where my beautiful daughter is in college so I am spending time with her also. You are so right on every account here. How beautiful for you and for your daughter that every day forward will be a rebirth. You are already "better" than a "normal" mother. Don't ever forget that where you have been will give you and your daughter a relationship that few can fathom.

A woman filled with grace is a beautiful blessing to her Children

Love to you
            Liv
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

MM,

What a beautifully uplifting, inspiring post.
              Congratulations on 60 days, firstly. Secondly, how awesome you are reconnecting with your daughter!

Thank you for sharing...it touched me deeply!

much love,
              K
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hi MM,
                I read this last night and it made my heart soar! You reminded me of all those silly, fun times that I enjoyed with my children when they were younger........priceless! We still enjoy those times, when we are together! My granddaughters and I love to dance around the house! I am so happy to be sober and able to fully engage with them too!

MM, You are so joyful!!! So Free! I am so very happy for you, you are an inspiration to all!

Lucy.........Very soon.........you will be getting to the point where you will truly be able to be free of this whole mind F--- that Al plays with us! So proud and happy for you!

Liv, Have fun with your daughter!!

Love to All!!
                Carpe Diem!!
                KH
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

MM, with the woman you are, I can't help but feel that you gave a lot, even while drinking. But now you are fully in the moment, fully there, and these are moments to cherish for both of you. Enjoy the fruits of your hard work. They sure are sweet, eh?

:l:l
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thank you

Dear MM,
                    Thank you so much for the beautiful story. It is so inspiring. And great job on 60 days sober. Any words of wisdom? :goodjob:
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Mimi.. first and foremost - just never give up. That must be your foundation... Everything else relies on your strength and resolve to not give up. The rest will fall into place, piece by piece.

Welcome. I look forward to getting to know you!

Namaste,

MM
                      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

You are so right.
                        My son's and I have done so much more together since I have quit the booze.
                        I feels so good.
                        Good job on the 60!
                        Now it's 61!!!

Comment

hi there ..mm..i am so proud of you . you have been thru so much in the pass.and you got thru it . and i am so happy for you. and your daughter . keep it up dont ever lose sight of that light. it just keep on getting better
                          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Yes, a beautiful post MM. Being sober is a wonderful thing. Our children get so much more from us, and not to mention we get so much from them too! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

meditation mama;285819 wrote: Mimi.. first and foremost - just never give up. That must be your foundation... Everything else relies on your strength and resolve to not give up. The rest will fall into place, piece by piece.

Welcome. I look forward to getting to know you!

Namaste,

MM
                              Namaste,
                              Thank you for the advice and the welcome. I don't mean to be sensitive, but I was beginning to feel a bit invisible here.
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X