Alcoholic Hepatitis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

Just wanted to Clear something up from previous posts. Alcohol Hepatitis is different from Hepatitus A, B, or C. A,B,C are Viral infections which means its something you catch. Alcohol Hep is inflammation from drinking.
    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

Article of interest

Some of you have already seen this as I've posted it before, but it's very good. Take note of the section on nutritional therapy.

National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism:
      Alcoholic Liver Disease

RJ
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

RJ - are you everywhere? How on earth do you keep up with all the threads and all that is going on - everywhere?

Lx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

Thanks RJ,
          That's cleared the whole thing up for me.. I always wondered why my liver tests appear normal!
          And glad to know that your Mum's ok Hippie.
          Take care all!

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

5th - you look so much older.

Lxx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

our poor livers why do we do this to ourselves???
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

OMG.. That is scary. From what I've heard in this thread and after my liver checked out okay a few weeks ago.. I guess I'm glad I'm here to know that that may not mean everything.. I'm really new here (as of yesterday) and this just gives me more reason to be AF.. Take care all of you with Alc Hep.. :huggy

5thaday;296260 wrote: I'm glad that this has happened, as I firmly think I'm stubborn enough that I needed something like this to occur to be motivated to stop. As long as I abstain, I have been informed that my liver will probably heal within a few months. Please don't take your livers for granted! I am only 28 years old, and this is already happening to me.
                P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

Roberta Jewell;296374 wrote: Some of you have already seen this as I've posted it before, but it's very good. Take note of the section on nutritional therapy.

National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism:
                  Alcoholic Liver Disease

RJ
                  EXCELLENT RJ, Thank You!

I especially find the supplement SAMe promising and with an antidepressant effect to boot, Love it : )
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

Hippie,

My daughter has been diagnosed with alcoholic hepatitis. They did a contrast CT scan and see "abnormalities" that could be scarring. She must go back in 6 months for a recheck and a biopsy.

She could not make it to my house today for Easter and we had to get her daughter away from her as she was screaming and yelling for no reason at all. (Great Happy Easter for the little one,
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

You can make someone go to rehab, in the state of Florida it's done under the Markman Act, I'm not sure about your state. This happened to a good friend of mine a couple of months ago, PM me if you need any more details. I really wish your daughter all the best :l
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

So sad, Cindi...

cindi;297021 wrote:

My daughter is 26. She bruises easily and her hair is falling out in clumps. Unfortunately, I can't MAKE her quit drinking, I can't MAKE her go to rehab (I don't think, if I can, I will) but I can't make her make this one day at a time lifetime commitment to saving her life that we are choosing. As a scared mama, I sure wish I could. I would trade places with her in a heartbeat and have her sober up and me go down the tubes. In a heartbeat.

I am sad.
                        That is so sad Cindi.. I've been seeing 'blasted' people on TV tonight, shows my son is watching. Although I've had the urge to drink tonight.. seeing people acting that way (the way I have sometimes) and then reading here, reinforces me.. I hope your daughter can get help, Cindi...
                        P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                        - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

Hi Cindi,
                          As a mother, I can understand your pain.It is horrible to watch as our children suffer, in any way. I am glad that you were able to bring your granddaughter to your house. You have made another brave step to become alcohol free, as time goes by you will become stronger and perhaps you will also come up with a plan to help your daughter. Honestly, perhaps an intervention and rehab is the answer. You cannot make her stop drinking, but, perhaps a long stay in rehab is the answer. I think this is worth looking in to. What ever you decide, you have our support.

XXXX Kate
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

Medication warning!!

I recently lost a friend to acute liver failure. The family has been reserved about the circumstances, which I respect. I do know that she had been ill, treated with antibiotics, and she was turning "orange" when her husband took her to the hospital. She died 11 days later. She was a vodka drinker, I don't know how much, I'm sure more than I knew. I'm also pretty sure that her speedy demise was brought on by the antibiotics or perhaps even some Tylenol. So please, anyone that drinks, be honest with your doctor before they prescribe anything, and DO NOT take Tylenol!!! I used to take 600mg of Ibuprofen after a night of drinking to avoid a hangover--now I've heard that is a bad idea too!
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Alcoholic Hepatitis.

I like this thread because it is preventing me from drinking tonight and I am making a point to take milk thistle several times a day.

Good health to all!

Comment

Working...
                              X