The Rest of the Story about Vegas and Fallen Hope for March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croft......if you need anything.......you know......
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

dexterhead;286477 wrote:
      PS: I also was entranced by the Liberace museum. What was odd , though, was that my friend and I were giggling over it all, while many of the elderly visitors seemed like they were viewing sacred relics
      I know - OMG!!! And did they tell you that the capes have to REST! We were howling!

Comment

Don't tempt me to fly out of the black hole to Colorado and yank your big girl pants up.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AMAN to everything Det said...I am thinking I would have to be drunk to eat those nachos...YUKE!!! LOL

Comment

Croft, I know how you feel. I went to Vegas in November and Drank A lot. When I look back on it, it wasn't a lot for me. I was sane and not in a blackout like times past. I too have been to Margaritaville next to flamingo and love the food/drink. I also have been to rum jungle and I was that guy that was forcefully ejected from the club. (not for doing anything rude because that’s not me. I tried to exit thought the entrance because I didn't want to wait online to get out of the place. The bouncers didn't like me not listening to them but I was too drunk to comprehend)

That’s why I am proud of myself for the last Vegas Trip. (even though I spent too much money for the time I had)

Every time I go on vacation, I come back drinking like a fish because I'm drinking the whole vacation. I am going to Mexico soon and am going to try to moderate over the week instead of wake up with a beer. Maybe go a few days without to break the cycle.

I agree that you may want to try AF for a while.
            Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes life sucks. I feel your pain croft. I wanted to be someone who could drink so much that I kept trying until I was almost dead. At some point I passed the ability to say no to AL and I couldn't stop. You are on track, just don't ever quit.
              bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Croft, I would have to say, What do YOU want to do? Moderate, AF or just return to the way it used to be? Is that the difficult decision? No one can make that for you, but you. I have read several of you posts, and you are a funny and gifted writer as many have told you and you are adored by many.

But with all that aside and it comes right down to the whole drinking issue, what does CROFT want? I don't recall reading in any of your posts, what brought you to this site and what were your intentions when you ordered the supps? It seems that I read that you had moderated pretty well and that you were pleased with your success at one time? Did the weekend in Vegas make you feel like you had somehow lost progess, because IMHO going to Sin City with a bunch of girlfriends pretty much guarantees that your going to drink too much, no matter who you are.

My point is this, think about what you were trying to achieve in the first place when you first came here and compare it to where you are now. If you are happy with the results, then you have your answer. If not, then keep on searching until you find what works for you. We are all different and view our own personal drinking habits accordingly. I hope this helps in some small way. I think you made progress these past few months and should be proud of yourself and you did alot of soul searching along the way. I think the answers are there for you if you are willing to listen. t.
                Posting while under the influence can be bad for your health!

Comment

tkeene - this is some darn good advice.

Comment

Working...
                  X