Facing your BIGGEST FEAR!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you that know me, you know I lost my fiance' on 4-23-06 in a car accident. I have had tremendous anxiety since then driving or riding in a car. I KNOW in my mind that his accident was not a NORMAL circumstance, but I still freak out every time we have to hit the brakes quickly, etc... His death spiraled me in to a year of self-destruction. Last night I went to the races...my BF is really in to car racing. OMG!!!! He can drive really good, but it scared me shitless each time he ran. I literally was on the side crying and praying. But, I made it and so did he, so today I am very happy!!!! He has been begging me to go with him. I finally went, kissed him before he drove and watched the whole thing.....all is good today.

Wow LUV that took a lot of courage.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Luv! Well done you! Really courageous and what a loving gift to give your bf....I hope he knows what a HUGE gift it was/is!! A gift of your bravery - a special gift.

(Did he win?!?!)

Love FMS xx
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Very good Luv,

Facing your fears - all of them what ever they may be is what recovery from AL is all about.
        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
        Watch this and find out....
        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

First off, sorry about your fiance... losing him in a car wreck is tragic.

I regret my car accidents, especially the one where I tried to end it all.

You are very courageous for facing your fears. We all have fears (mine is of the future), but in the end we do need to face them.

I'm tired of being a sucker and tiptoeing through life like somebody cares.

Comment

LUV, I am soooo proud of you, thanks for sharing that with us :h
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Thanks ALL....BB, you have been with me awhile...this was HUGE...I am SO PROUD today. I was literslly on the side praying and crying....not like lunatic but to myself....it feels good to face a fear!!!!!

Comment

Luvuall, you are an incredibly strong woman.... what an awesome accomplishment!
                It sounds as if you are headed for the winner's circle, my friend!
                :heart:

Patty
                Tampa, FL

Comment

I have to agree with all of the above. You are really brave, I don't even know you, but I am proud of you. Hang in there!:l
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Luvuall,

Way to go !!!! I am so happy for you. You are such an inspiration.

Miso

Comment

WE CAN DO THIS GUYS!!!!!! We CAN!!!! I am telling you, if you have read my story, this is HUGE for me. Funny how God puts you in life, isn't it? Why didn't he send a guy that just loves TV or something....I think this was a true test for me....I WON!!!!!

Comment

wow

All I can say is WOW, LUVALL, that took tremendous courage, I think GOD did put him in your life to help you along during this difficult time..........maybe to make it easier? You are doing sooooooooooo well, I know you see it too and that makes me really happy!:goodjob:

love you,:h:l

MA
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

you are one strong woman. takes some real strength to do something like that luv.

good for you
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Loviedovie had on her big girl pants! What a hurdle to leap and land on your feet. You SHOULD feel proud! And empowered!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

GREENIE, I LOVE YOU!!!! I love you all...................

Comment

Working...
                              X