Inspiration Motivation in Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This song always reminds me of times I spent in my local pub. The landlord was a real hippie and followed Bob Dylan on tour a lot of the time. He had taken all the Cd's out of the jukebox and put his own in and one of those was Tom Petty's Greatest hits CD. I nearly always put this on when I went to me local

[ame= ]YouTube - Free Falling - Tom Petty (HQ Audio)[/ame]

This was another one I always played as well.

[ame= ]YouTube - Sweet Home Alabama[/ame]
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I'm not a big Tom Petty fan, but Free Fallin grabs my gut. I love it played LOUD (as almost all good music should be).

On a completely different cosmic plane, here's a great song and video, something different. I think this song is about addicition ("And we scratch, and we itch, and the longer it takes for us to heal."). Hanne Hukkelberg is a crazily talented artist from Norway... see what you think:

[ame= ]YouTube - Hanne Hukkelberg - A Cheater's Armoury[/ame]
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

In response to your post dolpin

[ame= ]YouTube - Way Out West - The Gift[/ame]

This is more me I think!!! Way out West and Nick Warren were one of my favourite live acts/DJ's

You should recognise the lyrics I think when they come in at...1:12!!

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xxxxxx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

good one Beatle.

Morning Hippie.

Comment

I see you've bumped all the usual threads cuckoo!!lol Morning to you too hun!

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx

Comment

Loved that tune and video beatle. Is everyone in Norway called Hanne!!!!lol I met a great girl from Norway at the WOMAD festival years back called Hanne Karlsen (another popular Norwegian surname I do believe!!!). The cliche about Scandinavians couldn't be more true!!! No brashness about nudity whatsoever!!

Great tune thanks for sharing it beatle

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx

Comment

I'm not saying a word dolphin!!lol You may end up boiling me bunny!!

Maybe this will explain!!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...tml#post314435

Love ya happiness
                Hippie
                xx

Comment

No, Hippie, not everyone in Norway is named Hanne. There are a few Ingeborgs and Jannikes... and hardly any of the men are named Hanne.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Hey I just must say... (i have not had time to read posts above but will do so shortly)

Today was a truly momentous day for me! In between driving to woolworths to buy the groceries and all i thankfully left the kids at home doing their own thing and got to listen to news radio... yesterday I heard Hilary Clinton's speech giving hert support to Obama.. so there is a new day in America.. I am yet to discover what it all means. My last post of Patti Smith.. I have a recording of her singing in 2000 at some festival in America where someone gives a speech about the new era and peace being the most important thing. It is really moving.. just can't find it on youtube.

Today I heard news our own PM's speech from Hiroshima declaring Australia will begin a new anti-nuclear party international alliance. Boy!! What a day!! I was a member of the nuclear disarmarment party in about 1986 i think??? We have had an extremely consesrvative government for last 15 years so i had about given up all my youthful 'fire in the belly' politically.. This song expresses it all.. Feel the joy!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Comment

fickle, I just get a list from that link.

Here is Rufus in all his glory... great way to start a monday evening-- Oh what a world we live in!

[ame= ]YouTube - Rufus Wainwright - Oh What a World[/ame]

Comment

Gino vanelli

[ame= ]YouTube - wheels of life, gino vannelli[/ame]

Comment

Gino Vanelli

[ame= ]YouTube - Wheels Of Life by Gino Vannelli[/ame]

Comment

Dear all,

I have really, really enjoyed so much all of the above music.. I went and tried to write a very detailed reply regarding each song.. and of course.. my computer ate my homework and it all went poooofft!!!

So glad for your contributions and am familiiar with most and all things new are most welcome and appreciated by me!

I am giving up on the computer/virus wars and going to bed.. i hope you can access these (things not working so well lately):

Here is the post i tried earlier that did not work.. the Herd "the king is dead". Just to give you a background we had a extremely conservative government for our country who recently lost the election and this is what the song is about. First thing our new PM did is close the offshore refugee detention centres and then gave a public apology to our native people who were very badly treated as anyone who knows about aussie history knows. No such thing as terra nulius. Anyone interested can look up the film/book 'rabbit proof fence' and many other things such as a book i am reading called 'the kelly outbreak 1878-1880' which is helping me come to terms with my own roots.

Hope this works this time: Enjoy: [ame= ]YouTube - The Herd - 'The King is Dead'[/ame]

Here is a great song from Jeff Buckley.. could not find a decent live version on youtube yet.. This is a boring pic of the Grace album cover. Every single song on the album is a miracle. I saw him live and he WAS totally awesome.. words fail me.. here is song plus lyrics below:

[ame= ]YouTube - Jeff Buckley - Eternal Life[/ame]

Eternal Life is now on my trail
                            Got my red glitter coffin, man, just need one last nail
                            While all these ugly gentlemen play out their foolish games
                            there's a flaming red horizon that screams our names
                            And as your fantasies are broken in two
                            Did you really think this bloody road
                            would pave the way for you?
                            You better turn around
                            and blow your kiss hello to life eternal, angel

Racist everyman, what have you done?
                            Man, you've made a killer of your unborn son...
                            Crown my fear your king at the point of a gun
                            All I want to do is love everyone...

And as your fantasies are broken in two
                            did you really think this bloody road
                            would pave the way for you?
                            You better turn around
                            and blow your kiss hello to life eternal

Oh...

There's no time for hatred, only questions
                            Where is love, where is happiness, what is Life,
                            where is peace?

When will I find the strength to bring me release?
                            And tell me where is the love in what your prophet has said?
                            Man, It sounds to me just like a prison for the walking dead
                            And I've got a message for you and your twisted hell
                            You better turn around and blow your kiss goodbye
                            to life eternal angel...
                            Angel...

Comment

Yeh, Jeff Buckley was definitely awsome, as you say. So sad he had to die so young (at least it wasn't drugs or alcohol-- he drowned). His father (who Jeff hardly knew), Tim Buckley, was also a brilliant folk-avante-garde-soul singer/songwriter/musician. He also died young (from a drug overdose), though. The world missed out a lot by losing these two great musicians.

I think Tim Buckley wrote this song for his wife and kid when Jeff was an infant:

[ame= ]YouTube - Tim Buckley - Sing A Song For You[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Tim Buckley - Sing A Song For You[/ame]

Comment

Cat Stevens

[ame= ]YouTube - Cat Stevens - Father and Son[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X