Inspiration Motivation in Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah Cucks!! You big romantic you!! Agreed he has a great voice. I Love the sound of different languages and I have a real thing for the Scottish accent!!. I used to love listening to Nat King Cole's stuff too when he sang in Portuguese. My dad was a big fan of his and when he was in the merchant navy on his travels he'd pick up all the rare records before they were even released in this country. I still have all his old records from the likes of The Platters, Fats Domino, Trini Lopez, Little Richard etc.

[ame= ]YouTube - Quizás Quizás Quizás - Nat King Cole[/ame]

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hippie, I never knew that Nat King Cole sang in Portugese. What an amazing record collection you must have. When my mother passed away I got her record collection which I have since given to my niece. It contained a Glenn Miller collection, Classical Orchestra, and one of my favorite singers Doris Day. To show you what a real romantic I am, here is one of my favorite songs of hers from her first film, Romance on the High Seas.

[ame= ]YouTube - Fairy Tales Magic_It's Magic by Doris Day [/ame]

P.S. I too like Scottish accents.

Comment

Well, dolph, if I ever decide to settle down and get married I know what song I'll have playing when I walk down the aisle.

The justice of the peace is a bit scary.

Comment

I don't want to get all morbid here but here's my dad's all time favourite tune and one that was played at his funeral. When I was taking piano lessons he decided to buy me the sheet music for this song so he could hear me play it when at home. We always had the family round at Christmas and it was usually my job to entertain the folks with my piano recitals!!

Anyway here's the video by Procol Harum....A whiter shade of pale.

[ame= ]YouTube - Procol Harum - A whiter shade of pale 1967[/ame]

Cucks that Santana/Rob Thomas tune i sent to someone this morning. funny old world innit?!!lol

Cindi Loved the whole Woodstock movie and yes I agree that Joe Cocker blew me away with his vocal talents that day. The emotion in his voice is amazing. Mind due probably high as a kite! Here's my favourite clip from that movie

[ame= ]YouTube - Richie Havens Woodstock Excellent[/ame]

Oh Cucks again forgot to mention the Clannad track you posted is one of my favourites too. I searched high and low trying to download that tune online after I first saw the movie. Loved it!

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

One of my favorite bands and the lead singer who left the band.

[ame= ]YouTube - The Smiths - This Charming Man[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - The Smiths - Panic[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - morrissey i have foregiven jesus full video[/ame]

Comment

Il Divo does this song pretty well.

[ame= ]YouTube - Unchained Melody[/ame]

However, the first is still the best.

[ame= ]YouTube - Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody ('Ghost' Soundtrack)[/ame]

Okay, I am a girly girl. Love the love songs....

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wow, Cindi. They're great, again with the goosebumps. I love the love songs too. We are a pair of hopeless romantics.

Comment

Hope this one hasn't been said, haven't been on this one yet but here is the original LOUD AND PROUD GIRL....

Lena Martell - One Day At A Time.

Lx
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Tea, I posted the song from youtube for you.

[ame= ]YouTube - Lena Martell - One Day At A Time - Cover[/ame]

Comment

OK there's a lot of music here that has inspired us in the past etc but here's a guy who I only heard of 7/8 months ago.

[ame= ]YouTube - I Need Something[/ame]

I need something to believe in
                      cause I don?t believe in my self

I'm sick and tired of getting no where
                      guess it?ll all work out

And I don?t mind any more

and I don?t mind any more

And I need someone to put my trust in
                      cause I aint trusting my self

And I'm scared of failure, so scared of success
                      guess it?ll all work out

and I don?t mind any more

oh yeah

Comment

[ame= ]YouTube - Embrace - Nature's Law[/ame]

Not really heard a lot from Embrace to be honest dolphin but what I have heard I've liked. The above tune being one of my favourites.

And of course who could ever forget this one..
                        [ame= ]YouTube - Embrace - World At Your Feet[/ame]

By the way dolphin YES I can hear ya singin and it's bloody awful!! Ya slightly flat on those high notes!!lol and it just goes right through me!!!!lol

Love and Happiness
                        Hippie
                        xx

Comment

HeeHaa!

Hey!! I am so excited.. So much to catch up on! Just give me time.. what a WONDERFUL thread this is turning out to be! I've not much time now but will be sure to listen to everything when i do guys.

I am in dance mode tonight:
                          This is an old band and boy are their filmclips creepy! Just listen.. it's funny:
                          [ame= ]YouTube - Severed Heads - Heart of the Party[/ame]

This is an old S.H. fave, bit more digestible:
                          [ame= ]YouTube - We Have Come To Bless The House[/ame]

Uum.. er.. herd this oldie on the radio today and it picked me up big time.. then double that b'cause here it is live ha!:
                          [ame= ]YouTube - Kraftwerk - Pocket Calculator Live 1981[/ame]

Here is something more dancy and recent:
                          [ame= ]YouTube - Cut Copy - Lights & Music[/ame]

Comment

Eeeeek lost another bloody long post to all..

Ok Here Goes:

[ame= ]YouTube - The Cure - Lovecats (Acoustic 2001)[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - The Cure - A Forest (Live in Japan 1984)[/ame]

Be back soon!!

Comment

JUst one last bit of nonsense from me tonite:

[ame= ]YouTube - Kraftwerk - Computer Love[/ame]

Comment

The Cure was the second live gig I went to after The Jam in Liverpool back in 1982 on their penultimate tour. Thanks for those memories fickle. Here's my favourite cure tune that's so uplifting and 'different' to a lot of their early stuff

[ame= ]YouTube - Friday I'm in love[/ame]

Jamiroquai was another "I want to save the world" type of guy and his early stuff really reflected that. Here's a few of my fav tunes by him. You can see the progression with the maturity of his music through these as well.

[ame= ]YouTube - Jamiroquai, Too Young To Die[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Jamiroquai, Space Cowboy[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Jamiroquai - Half The Man[/ame]

This last video has been disabled for embedding on other sites/forums etc so you will have to click on the title at the top of the video to listen to it on YouTube. But definitely worth it!!

[ame= ]YouTube - Jamiroquai - Seven days in sunny June[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X