Inspiration Motivation in Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ame= ]YouTube - It Ain't Easy by David Bowie[/ame] (sorry bout clip.. great song tho)

Comment

Hey fickle!! Nice to see you joining back in in YOUR thread!!!lol

Haven't listened to a lot of Bowie to be honest although I did buy the 'Changes2' album after hearing a single in the charts from it. I did like a lot of his 80's 90's stuff that was more poppy. Enjoyed the last song you posted though 'It ain't easy'.

This is one I always remember playing a lot when I first heard and bought this 12". It was one of the remixes I had heard first that I really loved.
      [ame= ]YouTube - David Bowie - This Is Not America[/ame]

beatle. My brother has an Eels CD that he plays quite often in his car. Not heard that tune before though but deffo a big thumbs up from me. He also lent me a Goldfrapp Cd last week-end which I still haven't ripped to my hard drive but this was the tune that I heard that got me interested.

[ame= ]YouTube - Goldfrapp - A&E[/ame]
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hippie i love that song as well What going on ...wish i could go back in time.lol
        Fickle my sister was into David Bowie AND she had the same hair style as the one in the video Space oddity it was in the fashion then... Love this one, under pressure Queen and David Bowie.
        [ame=http:// ]http:// [/ame][ame=http:// ]http:// [/ame]

Thats it no more today.

love
        Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

forgot to mention kate Nash would not play hipper....I think she is really good.

Comment

one of my favorite david bowie

[ame= ]YouTube - david bowie - changes[/ame]

good one from john mellencamp about current american politics

[ame= ]YouTube - John Mellencamp To Washington Video[/ame]

absolutely beautiful love song from tracey chapman

[ame= ]YouTube - Tracy Chapman - The Promise[/ame]

Comment

dolph loved it, go to bed.

Comment

Ha! Teardrop, my big brother was a Bowie fan and he cut my hair, painted a bowie zap across my face and made me learn all the songs.. he played guitar and I sang all the tracks and we recorded them on an old reel to reel tape player my mother had because she was a music teacher. He managed to record over and over each song so that I actually sang all the parts, much like mixing multiple tracks these days. I've no idea how he did it. Quite cute.. wish i could find those tapes now. I think I was about 5 so he must've been all of 11! Quite a genius and still is.

Geez i loved this one when i was a kid and thought about it all day after posting last nite. This is a live recording:
                [ame= ]YouTube - David Bowie - Kooks Live[/ame]

I have to cook dinna.. then i will backtrack & listen to some tracks above. I am still trying to open a link to an awesome live song I heard this afternoon on my local radio. Hope to post that too.

Hugs & gratitude to all!

Comment

Oh yeh, I love that Bowie guy (or whatever he is). Then again, who doesn't?

Reminds me of the very first video I ever saw (first time I ever saw MTV)-- blew me away. Wow, these guys were so awesome-- I mean I just wanted to be a cool gay guy and wear black turtlenecks and sing great groovy music (this was the early 80s, remember)...

[ame= ]YouTube - one step ahead - split enz[/ame]
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

i was reminded for some reason on hearing that Mellencamp tune of the Cajun music I heard from the Movies Southern Comfort and The Big Easy. Never heard much from him though in this country and of course his biggest hit here being 'Jack and Diane'. "Oh yeah life goes on.....!!!"

[ame= ]YouTube - John Cougar Mellencamp Jack And Diane Video[/ame]

Still a great tune and so uplifting too.

Tracy Chapman was like a breath of fresh air at a time when the 80's where drawing to a close. Her voice on the single Fast Car just cut through everything that was being played at that time on the radio. The whole first album is just brilliant and this tune always reminds me of road trip I did with my dad when he was a lorry driver. I taped this album specifically to play in the 'cab'. Always remember it being a really hot sunny day and I was sitting there while my dad was sorting out paperwork with someone at the depot and this tune just filled me with emotion.

[ame= ]YouTube - Baby Can I hold you[/ame]

Thanks for the good memories today Cucks.

I know I've said this before but I love this thread man!!! Music truly is my inspiration and today I feel so alive and happy (amongst other things!!)

Love and Happiness
                    Hippie
                    xx
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Love it too dolph. I had heard this tune before but didn't know who the hell it was by. Deffo one I'm adding to my youtube favourites.

Love and Happiness
                      Hippie!!
                      xx

Comment

I love it when you listen to music that you have not heard in a very long time it is a good feeling...Thank for those two songs hippie. Beatle....I still have a black turtleneck.lol Fickle you made me laugh about your brother cutting your hair would love to see a photo if you have one.

This is a very old song use to love watching these films on a sunday afternoon when i was a kid.
                        [ame=http:// ]http:// [/ame]

This is the new vision and i like it. Also i was really please when George won Britains got talent he is very passion in his dancing and worked very hard for this.:goodjob:

[ame=http:// ]http:// [/ame]
                        I used to try and spin on my back in my old job in the clearing bank they had big long tables when doing shift work.

Take Care.
                        Love
                        Teardrop.x

Comment

Yeah he did work hard to win that competition didn't he!!! My mum thinks he's adorable!!

Well I used to be a body-popper/ break dancer when I was young but nowhere near as good as this young guy. I could still windmill and do lots of moves etc but he does seem to have a natural flare for it. It took me nearly 4 months to learn to windmill by the way!!!.

I won't bore you with all the past tunes I used to dance too. So here's a few tunes that, through those early influences, I have raved my silly little eckied head off to over the years.

Africa Bambaataa was a very early influence back in the early 80's

[ame= ]YouTube - LEFTFIELD & AFRIKA BAMBAATAA- AFRIKA SHOX[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Ice Cube - U can do it[/ame]

Comment

[ame= ]YouTube - Sheryl Crow - Good Is Good: Album Version, Closed Captioned[/ame]
                            AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                            Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

OK seen as ya gett'n all mellow on my ass!!

Here's one of the more mellow tunes that I remember as a kid growing up. probably too jazzy for you dolphin

[ame= ]YouTube - PHILLIP BAILEY: CHILDREN OF THE GHETTO[/ame]

Love and Happiness
                              Hippie
                              xx

Comment

I bought that single on a tape from a charity shop dolpin for 25p!!

This is more up my ally hoop though!!

[ame= ]YouTube - Dub Station 5 - OBF - Bush Chemists - Alpha & Omega[/ame]

Went to many dub nights at the Amersham Arms in South London and Shoreditch Town Hall (disused building of course!!) Jah Shaka was de main man I used to listen to. Bush Chemists and Zion Train and Dread Zone came much later on.

Here's a Dread Zone tune that I loved chilling too. Very ambient and laid back.
                                [ame= ]YouTube - Dreadzone - A Dream Within A Dream[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X