Inspiration Motivation in Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw, Dolph, you need to meet my niece. She is a 5' firecracker. I have no doubt she would go toe to toe with Hulk Hogan, The Terminator, and Rambo all at once. I think I have an affinity for firecrackers and lively spirited people, my friend.

Comment

Okay 3 from me. I won't get that spreadsheet made until I retire but I will start working on it.

[ame= ]YouTube - George Benson - Turn Your Love Around[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - George Benson singing "This Masquerade"[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - JUST ONCE - QUINCY JONES E JAMES INGRAM[/ame]

Comment

Okay one more from me.

[ame= ]YouTube - Phyllis Hyman--I don't Want To Lose You[/ame]

Comment

Dolph, I'm always anticipating hearing from you.

Comment

Last 2 for me before I head off to bed. Will pass comments tomorrow on previous vids when brain is working properly!!! I'm not ignoring them all, honest.

[ame= ]YouTube - George Michael Fast Love[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme[/ame]

Love and Happiness
            Night and Godbless
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

A young man leaves his middle class existence in pursuit of freedom from relationships and obligation. Giving up his home, family, all possessions but the few he carried on his back and donating all his savings to charity Christopher McCandless (Emile Hirsch) embarks on a journey throughout America. His eventual aim is to travel into Alaska, into the wild, to spend time with nature, with 'real' existence, away from the trappings of the modern world. In the 20 months leading up to his Great Alaskan Adventure his travels lead him on a path of self-discovery, to examine and appreciate the world around him and to reflect on and heal from his troubled childhood and parents' sordid and abusive relationship. When he reaches Alaska he finds he has been insufficiently prepared for the hardships to come. Despite making it through the winter his plan is ill-judged and prepares to return home in spring, only to find the stream he crossed in the snow has become an impassable raging torrent and that he is trapped. With no means of sustaining himself adequately he eventually starves to death in his so sought after isolation. Throughout his epic journey the people he meets both influence and are influenced by the person he is and bring him to the eventual and tragic realisation that "Happiness is only real when shared".

I was so idealistic with my hopes and dreams until I completely lost touch with who I was and what I wanted out of life. Drink and drugs took over as the main purpose in my life and all my dreams where lost and shattered into a million little pieces!!. Although this movie romanticised the true story of Chris McCandless the real defining moments of his life were not lost through that. This movie really inspired me at the time I saw it, although very melancholic in parts it gave me hope that I can still get back my own hopes and dreams if I'm prepared to just reach out and grab them. I've done a lot of soul-searching myself these past 12 months and I'm finally 'reaching out' and starting to gain some true love and happiness in my life.

[ame= ]YouTube - Into The Wild O.S.T - Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun - Music Video[/ame]

"I read somewhere....how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong.....but to feel strong....To measure yourself at least once.......to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions........That's the way it is here."

Here's another tune again from Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) from the same movie.

[ame= ]YouTube - Eddie Vedder - Society[/ame]

t's a mystery to me
              we have a greed
              with which we have agreed

You think you have to want
              more than you need
              until you have it all you won't be free

Society, you're a crazy breed
              I hope you're not lonely without me

When you want more than you have
              you think you need
              and when you think more than you want
              your thoughts begin to bleed

I think I need to find a bigger place
              'cos when you have more than you think
              you need more space

Society, crazy and deep

There's those thinking more or less less is more
              but if less is more how you're keeping score?
              Means for every point you make
              your level drops
              kinda like it's starting from the top
              you can't do that...

Society, crazy and deep

Society, have mercy on me
              I hope you're not angry if I disagree
              Society, crazy and deep
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

OK last bit of soppyness for me. After hearing some of the George Benson tunes the other day it reminded me of a period when I was growing up and listening to soulful love songs. This tune was the first ever tune I think I cried too. I was only 10/11 I think can't quite remember the year exactly. Anyway I was just adjusting to new feelings and emotions etc and this one always reminds me of this time. i think the first tune by Michael Jackson was at no.3 in the charts and Smokey was at no.1

[ame= ]YouTube - One day in your life- by Michael Jackson[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Smokey Robinson - Being with You[/ame]

Love and Happiness
                Hippie
                xx

Comment

Deffodolph!!!

Here's a tune then that is one of the best covers I've heard.

This is Bedouin Soundclash singing U2's New Year's Day.

[ame= ]YouTube - Bedouin Soundclash - New Year's Day[/ame]

Comment

Right I'm not playing anymore of your soppy games dolph!!

Bye!

Comment

Yeah we need some new inspiration here from cucks and fickle and teardrop and beatle and.........ANYONE BUT YOU Dolph!!!!!

only jok'n..............OR AM I??? (Vic Reeves)

Comment

ROFLMAO

[ame= ]YouTube - Mulligan and O'Hare COFFE BREAK[/ame]

Comment

Hips and Dolph, this should provide some new inspiration for you. I saw this video on TV before I went into work today and it stuck in my head. All day long I'm walking around the hallways singing "I kissed a girl and I liked it" now I have my co-workers wondering if, at 53 years old, I have decided to bat for the other team.

[ame= ]YouTube - I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry MUSIC VIDEO WITH LYRICS![/ame]

Comment

You would not believe it but fickle had already sent me that link a while back for that tune Cucks!!

But yeah I had to laugh at the thought of you wandering around work singing it!! I used to end up whistling catchy tunes from artists that I had completely no interest in and at the most inappropriate times too. Like whistling a Take That tune that had somehow been embedded in my head due to the amount of airplay it was receiving while at a party that was banging out rave tunes!!

Anyway here's one of my all time favourite party tunes from years back (not that many mind due!!)
                            [ame= ]YouTube - Groove Armada LIVE @ Brixton Academy 2002 SuperStyling[/ame]

Comment

Hips, liked the song, love the new avatar.

Comment

Here's a singer I have always admired 'from afar'!!. I used to listen to a lot of her music back in my younger days and this was one of my favourite tunes. She has so many good tunes I could bring to this thread, but this one I'll always remember for reasons I shall not divulge!!lol

[ame= ]YouTube - Kate Bush - The Sensual World[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X