Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiration Motivation in Music

Morning!

Dolphin i dont think hippie had withdrawl symptoms he was doing deep soul seaching.
    Remy shand not only he has a good soul voice but is good looking as well. my brother is coming to my house soon have to ask if he has heard of this guy!
    The weather here down south is going to be hot today, but up north sunshine and rain.
    So here's a song for dolphin and hippie.

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UCbmV0hyIEY]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UCbmV0hyIEY[/ame]
    maze with frankie beverly joy and pain.

Need to catch up and listen to the rest of the music.

Love
    Teardrop.x
    family is everything to me

Comment

Wow! What a trip down memory lane I'm having! Yesterday Grover Washington Jnr. and that great tune by the Blackbyrds and today Frankie Beverly! I used to listen to all these classics along with many other great tunes like these ones........

[ame= ]YouTube - Sam & Dave Soul Man[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Midnight Train to Georgia[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Dionne Warwick Do You Know the Way to San Jose 1968 Top 10[/ame]
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Thanks Tear! I love this kind of 'soul' searching!! A lot less painful and definitely more sunshine than rain!!
        Literally today here as well; apart from the wind that is starting to whip my blinds into a frenzy.

Knowing you went to see Bon Jovi on Saturday night too I thought I'd post my favourite tune by them as well. Have a great day Tear and keep posting!!

[ame= ]YouTube - Bon Jovi - In These Arms[/ame]

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

[pre]Have a great day Tear and keep posting!![/pre]

Thanks Hippie not sure if you read my mind but it got me thinking some how.
          my brother has not heard of Remy shand but OMG he give me a lists of jazz and soul artist to look up, he use to do DJ in he spare time.

Here one his not old but he is good but my bro said they are playing the asian congos on in the back ground. not sure if he's been mention before![ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_fqciYKOIGM]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_fqciYKOIGM[/ame]

Dolphin i remember once you mention about teardrop song. welll i do relly love this one W Teardrops by Womack and Womack.( i do hope your hip is ok?)
          [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_C1UqHWGibk]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_C1UqHWGibk[/ame]

Sorry but got to go and start on the dinner. (no rest for the wick.

Love to u all

Teardrop.x

Comment

you might have to look bobby valentino on you tube different sound to the video blend. it just call slow down, will not let me download it for some reason.

Comment

Some Asian fusion music that's influenced me over the years. Asian Dub Foundation with a few tunes first. Been after a t-shirt of ADF for absolutely ages but their not putting any merchandising out there at present in the way of t-shirts. If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know!! Yes I've already tried their website!! NO JOY!!

[ame= ]YouTube - Asian Dub Foundation - New Way New Life[/ame]
              [ame= ]YouTube - Asian Dub Foundation: Rise to the challenge[/ame]

Only heard this one album by Badmarsh & Shri called 'Signs' but every tune on this CD is brilliant and this is one of my favourite tunes off the album.

[ame= ]YouTube - Badmarsh & Shri - Mountain Path[/ame]

And finally everyone should remember this tune if not the band!!! This was milked to extreme at the time of its release and what was admittedly a good tune became difficult to listen to after the 65th million play in the media!!. Here's the Fatboy Slim remix of Cornershop's "Brimful of Asha"

[ame= ]YouTube - Cornershop - Brimful of Asha (Fatboy Slim remix)[/ame]

Comment

TAXI!!!

LOL! Tear I nearly posted that Womack and Womack tune yesterday along with Bobby Womack's "Across 110th Street". There just seemed too many videos to search through for the Bobby W. tune though to get one with good sound quality and video!!. I'm really gutted to be honest as when I got into Hawkwind I sold a lot of my old soul albums to buy Hawkwind stuff. I even gave some of them away to a Cypriot girl I fancied in work hoping It might sway things in my favour!!!!lol. I think after puking outside a restaurant after our works Xmas party in Harlesdon one night put her right off!! God I was such a Casanova in those days!!

"You have the most beautiful ey.... "Fancy coming back to mi... "AH F*** IT!!".................. TAXI

Comment

I PAID FOR IT DOLPH!!! lol

Comment

No left actually! or rather no money left afterwards!!lol

Comment

Well the only word I need is "Business???"ROFLMAO!! Let's get back to music Dolph!!!

Remember this one.
                      [ame= ]YouTube - The Police - Roxanne[/ame]

**** me I'm only encouraging you know aren't I?

Comment

oh yeh, Roxanne comes in many colours...

[ame= ]YouTube - George Michael - Roxanne[/ame]
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

This song reminds me of some very dear friends.

[ame= ]YouTube - Donna Summer -This Time I Know Its for Real[/ame]

Comment

One of my favourite chill-out artists Thievery Corporation (will be posting more from these during the evenings I think!!)
                            [ame= ]YouTube - Thievery Corporation - The time we lost our way[/ame]

Comment

I have never heard of them but I loved their song - any idea how I can save this??

Oh and it doesn't hurt that they are VERY easy on the eye... LOL!
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

cant believe how many pages there is, since i last been on here.
                                hip when you said about the t-shirt that you look on the website did you mean e-bay as well. police was one of my first concert and UB40 i when to.
                                love your cartoon character of yourself hip.
                                dolphin...going back to my roots remember my sister playin that one in her bedroom.
                                beatle never knew goerge micheal did that track Roxanne, i would love to see him in concert,
                                Right i better get to work on my music, (but need a rest first) before another 4pages comes up.

Love
                                Teardrop.x

Comment

Working...
                                X