60 Days! I did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 Days! I did it!

I did it! Today is my 60th day AF. If you would have told me in January I could do this and feel so good I never would have believed it.

What do I see different in my life?
    I remember the last 60 days 100%
    I have had much more fun with my family and more connection with my husband
    I have energy
    I have lost 31 pounds since last November (20 of those since Jan 1)
    I have clearer skin, brighter eyes, no puffiness
    I have confidence in myself

I could go on, but I just feel good.

Now, for the challenge. Last night we were over at another family's for dinner and the adults were all enjoying wine. They had a glass out for me. I claimed dehydration and drank water during chatting time. During dinner I actually put the wine glass at my place and had a chance to sneak off with my husband and ask his opinion. My goal is to moderate and that was the kind of situation I want to be able to enjoy - wine with a great meal and friends. He said he supports me either way and left it to me. I chose not to. . . Today was day 60. Did I really want to stop at 59?

I don't know where it goes from here but I made it 60 and I'll keep going ODAT.

Thanks for all the support and friendship. . . I'm not hiding anymore.
    Member since January 2008
    AF since August 25, 2008

60 Days! I did it!

I feel so proud for you! I can feel your energy! I'm going to feed on it! Thanks for sharing.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Tiredofhiding, you deserve to feel so proud! keep up the great work.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Tired....Wise "choice" passing up that glass of wine....Bet you felt wonderful waking up this morning!!!.....Keep it up...ODAT
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Tired,

Very, very many congratulations and kudos for your 60 days AF and the ability to step "outside" a huge trigger situation and carefully consider your options.

Also, good on you for discussing honestly with your hubby. Shows a lot of mutual respect.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

that is awesome keep it up . go for long term and enjoy the ride again that is awesome. great job
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Congrats on ALL the positive changes in your life! :h
              ~K.

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Beautiful TOH!!!!!:rockband::dancin:

Your strength comes through my computer! I am so proud of you!!!!! You are inspiring many of us who hope to be able to claim the same soon !!:h
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Congrats

Way to Go! Your Way Out! And NO MORE HIDING! I can feel the confidence in your post! Best wishes for the next step in your decisions!
                  Liv
                  AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Tired, what a beautiful post. You obviously made the right choice regarding the wine or you would not be as elated as you are.

I'm so very happy for you. You (and hubby) should be so proud of yourself. Good for you.

Your last line almost moved me to tears....
                    . . . I'm not hiding anymore.
                    That's fantastic! Keep up the great work. You deserve to be happy and healthy!

Love, Me
                    :l
                    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Congratulations on all your accomplishments, tired. You're an inspiration.
                      Failure is not falling down; it is remaining where you have fallen.

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind words of support. I told my husband when I posted my message yesterday and that within an hour there were 8 messags of congrats and support. I told him its the same when you post with a problem or challenge. He was floored by how much support there is on this board. I think he realized how important this has been to me.

For now I am staying AF and will ponder the decision of when to drink socially someday. Right now I"m waiting for the friends we dined with Saturday night to start asking probing questions to figure out if I"m pregnant. :-)
                        Member since January 2008
                        AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Way to go !!!!! Hats off to you !!!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

60 Days! I did it!

Sixty days is a great accomplishment!! Congrats!!

Right now I"m waiting for the friends we dined with Saturday night to start asking probing questions to figure out if I"m pregnant. :-)
                            LOL.......yeah, people gotta find some other reason why you're not drinking, it can't be just because you don't want to!
                            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
                            X