Is it still too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it still too much?

I joined mwo almost a year ago and there is no doubt ,its been a great year .Thank you all.However ,even though I have halved my drinking I still think I may drink too much .Heres what I drink ,mon and tuesday =no drink ,wed and thurs 3 cans, fri=4cans,sat=5 or 6 cans and sunday=3 cans. Is this a dangerous amount still to consume? I suppose it is and shoul try harder. What do you guys think?

Is it still too much?

I think they say women should limit themselves to 12 units a week; you are not that far off!! Great job!! I would say either add one more AF day a week, or reduce Saturday.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Is it still too much?

It's up to you Limers, how do YOU feel about your amount drinking. I just am not in a position to judge. But I support you! :l

Comment

Is it still too much?

It depends on what you think. You said, "I still think I may drink too much." That might be your answer.
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Is it still too much?

Hi Limers...
          Well, units or not (and they are only suggesed averages), do you get plastered on that? Do you get unpleasant? Do you do or say things you regret afterwards on that? Does it affect your work or family commitments? Do you know it affects your functioning in any way at the time or afterwards?

If not...it's ok....if/or when it does, cut back.....

As is said, "Let the mirror be your conscience" (and not the tabloids newspapers)!!! Otherwise you, as all of us, could stay stuck in 'drink and associated thinking is a problem for me however much or little I have'....not good!

Good luck Limers! Good to ask - we're all here to find our 'levels' and keep to them.

Love
          FMS xx
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Is it still too much?

Limers, are you worried about the Health Effects and, or the emotional toll that AL has on your life?

As far a volume and health, the experts say, one drink per day for females and 2 per day for males is OK. But, you cannot save up your alotment for the week and indulge for the whole week in one of two days on the weekend. This is because of the stress that detoxing alcohol has on our bodies, liver, kidneys, heart etc.

My guess is that you have concerns about your drinking habits. Trust your gut!!!

Best Wishes, Limers,
            Kateh
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Is it still too much?

Thanks all ,i will try to cut it in half again this year....my year two resolution.

Comment

Working...
              X