For Roberta Jewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Roberta Jewell

i don't know where to post this. I cannot make it to the end of the calming or hypnotic CD. When my body gets heavy I'm a goner. I can even feel it coming. Perhaps I'm the sugestive type. But if I "snap myself out of it" do I ruin the hypnotic state? Am I getting the benefit anyway even though I'm alseep? I can't think of what to do. I can't stand up and do it or sit in a straight-back chair and be heavy. Some of us have laughed about falling asleep in the elevator, but really, is it OK?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

For Roberta Jewell

GE,

I'd say you are an old pro at it especially if you are able to fall asleep - nothing more hypnotic than sleep!

Perhaps you could try at a different time of the day when sleep may be less demanding on you. I would suggest also focusing all your attention on your breathing this will help you be less distracted by other signals from your body. Don't let discomfort or errant thoughts distract you, maintain your focus on your breath as the deep breathing will help you relax and go deeper into your hypnotic meditative state. Great job IMO!.
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

For Roberta Jewell

Greens, I have the same problem with the hypnotic CD. I think you need to be awake for that one. I dunno.....
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

For Roberta Jewell

Greenie, I used to do hypnosis for another problem. And they had a lazyboy type chair, blinders, and talk very soothingly, many times I fell asleep. I was told the unconscious mind still hears the tapes and it still is beneficial. My two cents. :l

Comment

For Roberta Jewell

Greenie,

Like you, the hypno CD's were a signal for me to fall fast asleep. I did what Hart did and sit relatively upright in my bed with pillows around me, and I would seem to sleep but then wake up near the end of the tape. It was pretty helpful.

Good luck!

:l :l
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

For Roberta Jewell

Falling asleep

Hi. This question sometimes comes up, as the recordings are very relaxing. Here's what hypnotherapist James Schmelter says when asked about it:

If you ?wake up? at the end of the hypnosis recording then you were not asleep. You were in a somnambulistic (very deep) level of hypnosis and your subconscious mind brought you out of hypnosis. This is good. If you do not wake up at the end of the clearing and/or hypnosis recordings the question is ?did you enter hypnosis before you fell asleep??. If yes, then your subconscious mind is engaged even if you are not consciously engaged. This is also good. If no, the recordings are still at least 90% effective but I recommend listening to the hypnosis and clearing CDs while sitting up or at a time when you are most alert.

Hope this helps. Keep up the good work.

RJ
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

For Roberta Jewell

Just listen to them, and don't worry about what you will do.... you are getting the benefits, whether your realize it or not...

Don

Comment

Working...
              X